A Long Night

Weiss was stuck waiting for the morning to talk to Alec about his drug problem, but couldn't wait anymore. She practically kicked in his door to find him still awake, then again it was only about 11:30. "What the hell are you doing to yourself?!" Alec just looked over at her with a blank expression, he then turned his head back towards the wall. Weiss grabbed him and pulled him to his feet.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" "Some girl screaming in my face" He replied with a laugh. "Do you not get it?! You're practically killing yourself with this stuff!" "No I'm not. This stuff is completely harmless. It does no damage, only hallucinations." "That's supposed to make it better?!" "I guess. Ugh, fine, here." He handed over his stash of acid. "God, stop attacking me." "Then don't gaslight!" "If it gets you off my back then take it."

"You think I'm trying to attack you?! I'm trying to help you! I... I still love you." Alec surprisingly tried to empathize with her. Something he never truly did. She was right. Even if it didn't cause damage to him, it still wasn't a great way to cope with his anger. In truth it did damage him. It obscured his sense of reality, and it hurt those around him.

He kissed her. "I'm sorry. I just don't know what to do with my anger. I've tried medication and it didn't work, and I've tried therapy and it barely did anything." "But it did something, right?" "I guess." "Are you willing to try again?" "I guess. Also. I wanna try again. You and me. I know I didn't really try, but I'm gonna try this time." Weiss kissed him. "Then let's try again."

Nathaniel looked at a photo of him and his sister, the one he'd loved most. He remembered that when he had nightmares, she'd sing to him to get him back to sleep. His favorite song was her cover of Bad Moon Rising.

He usually asked her to play it, and when he did, she sing it every time. He then shed some tears in silence. He remembered her final moments in her bed, hooked up to all those wires. Those damn wires! Why was it her to die? He'd always felt that it should've either been him or their neglectful mother. When her heart flatlined, he broke. He'd lost his will to live. The next morning he went into his mother's room and blankly said to her "It's your fault she got cancer." His mother was stunned. "What'd you just say?" She asked in horror. "Her death is all your fault." After that she fell into a horrific depression and overdosed on painkillers. He didn't regret a thing. He ran off and learned many different martial arts in the Ural Mountains of Russia, even 2 hidden ones that from Russian to English meant defense and offense. While shedding tears his smile returned. His sister had actually recorded her singing that song and gave it to him, just in case she wasn't around. He turned it on and got back in bed.

Elias looked at a photo of him and Elizabeth outside of the home they'd recently built. Rather than the house just be some peasant like build, it was actually very nice, with electricity and water, along with a very nice living room, kitchen, and two bathrooms. He smiled, seeing the life that they'd built after running away from their homes. She was the only one in existence who actually had the ability to make him smile.

Wilhelm went outside and decided that if he was gonna train, he needed it to be as brutal as it was in his early days in the Crusader Corps. He activated a course which resembled the original one. Mud and razor wire everywhere, along with live rounds fired from guns while Crusaders yelled in different languages to terrify them, and a wall to jump from to land into a thick pool of mud. Not everyone made it out alive, but he did. He activated it and began the training. When he finished, he went back in to make sure he was at peak physical condition.

Audrey just watched from her room with a smirk. "Is he really torturing himself?" Weiss asked. "He does it a lot. But this time he's training to kill those assassin assholes." "I know his story, I know my teams story, I know Jaune and his team's stories, but I still don't know yours." "It's not a good one." "It can't be that bad." Audrey sighed.

"My parents neglected me because I wasn't a boy. They didn't hit me or anything, they just didn't like being around me. They provided for me, but they never really wanted to be there. I think it's because they figured a boy was easier to raise, but I don't know, and I don't think I'll ever know. When I got told by this angel from my universe, Eyela, that I was the hero that our god Eya had chosen to fix our universes problems, I jumped. As soon as I got the sword, I just woke up, got dressed, and ran into the night."

"Wow. I'm sorry." "That's not even the end. I failed my job to help my universe, I lost a fight to a damn bard and a witch. That bard though, he was probably one of the only kind guy I knew in that old life. I got sent into the Void, which is where Wil ended up finding me while he was looking for the armor of Tiber Saxon, an ancestor of his. It's the armor he usually has on display."

"Why doesn't he wear? I've only seen him in it like two times." "I think it has something to do with "preserving history", or something. Back to my story. When he brought me to his house, he and Kaiser woke me up and took care of me. When he offered to help me find a way home, I chose to stay. So I joined him in the Crusader Corps, except I never actually became a Crusader, in fact I can't." "Why?" "I'm not Christian, Catholic, Mormon, or Jewish. After some crusading we became mercenaries. Had a lot of fun back then. And here we are, about to fight some of the most highly trained assassins in the galaxy." "Well I'm glad you're here." "Same to you."

Yang came out into the hallway. "What's that music?" She asked. "It's a recording Nathaniel's got." "Well it doesn't sound like him." "His sister made it for him for when she's not around, and thankfully it's not the only one she made, it's just his favorite. She sang for him when he had nightmares, which is like all the time." "Does she see him still?" Audrey sighed. "She died from blood cancer. It hit him and his mom hard." "Is he okay?" "Well he's a bit of a loner, but I think he's alright." "Her voice is beautiful. What song is it?" "Bad Moon Rising." "What was her name?" "Amber I think. He doesn't really talk about her though." "Her name was Amber."

Audrey turned to see Ezra, with his mask still on. "You still wear that mask." "Only when I'm alone." "Why?" "It's against my religion to let others see my face." "Why're you up?" "Need water." Wil then came in, covered in mud. He ran for the shower without a word. When he got out he had a fresh set of clothes on. "Ready to face the bastards?" Audrey asked. "Damn right." "Audrey threw him a water. "You're not gonna pass out in the middle of a fight right?" "Nope." "Good. Good night I guess." "'Night."

What went on in Hazel's room was literally nothing interesting, just her listening to music while everyone else was asleep. Edward however was attempting to be independent, and was actually succeeding. Pyrrha actually found him with a makeshift leg, basically a crutch, walking around to get some food. "Are you walking by yourself?" Pyrrha asked. "Yes" Edward replied. "You're talking." "I guess it's time to stop being isolated. I need to do something instead of just... being depressed and sitting in a chair. Don't tell anyone though, I want to show everyone myself. By the way, thank you, for putting up with my shit." "I'm just glad you're walking."