Into The Trenches

(Last chapter, Wil talked about his poor childhood. Some of what he said was actually a reference to the book In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Plus, winter and Penny will come back sometime later. Also, I wanted to add like a season change like Last of Us. I know that's a lot of stuff, but I just wanted to give that update).

End of Summer
40XX

Alec ran over the mud and hopped into the trench, landing beside Wil and Audrey. "Hello there" Alec said. "No time for references! We need to take out that enemy flak gun!" Wil yelled.

Me: :(

Alec worked his way around through the trenches and pulled out a grenade. He threw it, killing several, yet not killing the flak crew. Ruby pulled out Crescent Rose and began firing alongside Wil and Audrey. Alec took his R700 and began firing on the flak crew, wiping them all out. "Flak crews down, but there's still some bastards left!" Alec yelled.

Major Gray rose from the trenches. "Charge!" Everyone rose up and ran at the enemy. This was some of the worst and most vile carnage teams RWBY and JNPR had ever seen. The area had basically become a butcher's shop. The Crusaders met up with some Coalition soldiers and pressed on.

The mission sounded simple. Take out the enemy super cannons, and take down or capture any enemy around. On paper it was simple, but in action it was horrific, just like every other part of a war. This wasn't just any plain enemy, this wasn't even Malick's military, this was the Thalmor.

Minerva, a Crusader, ran at an Altmer and stabbed him with a spike. Another one ran at her, causing her to impale the second one. She then kicked them off of the spike. Alec jumped off of her shoulder and slashed an altmer down the middle, and then chopped her head off. Lawrence then jumped over Alec and bashed and Altmers head in with his war hammer, while Nora broke the Alters legs.

The carnage seemed to have no end, that was until Audrey fired an arrow into the sky, signaling Epos the Phoenix, along with some other Phoenix's. They began to burn the Altmer alive, buying time for the Coalition and Crusaders to charge. Audrey then fired an arrow that Wil had given her, which was made out of silver.

The arrow could only be made out of silver or quicksilver, due to the strange reaction the poison within had with other types of metals and materials. The poison was extremely powerful and could kill a human on contact. However, there were only three in existence, due to the creator having died several years ago, and Wil needing to use them. Fortunately, Wil was able to get his hands on the creators journal, including an entry on how to make more, but he was never exactly successful.

The arrow hit the ground, releasing the poison and causing a large number of of Altmer to vomit up their own insides and turn their skin a dark purple. "There goes a perfectly good arrow" Audrey said. "At least it went to good use."

The Crusaders were able to make it to the first gun and destroyed it. They continued moving up the field and were quickly able to get to the second and destroyed it. Several Crusader Zealots formed into a separate crowd and ran head on. They made it to the third gun and destroyed it, but most of them were quickly killed.

The Crusaders managed to get to the Zealots position and sent medics to aid the remaining ones. The Zealots, rather than feeling good about finishing the objective, felt like they should die for not being able to finish the entirety of the mission. Some of them attempted suicide but were quickly stopped.

Pyrrha linked up with Alec and Weiss, who were surrounded by Altmer. Wil and Audrey quickly jumped in and assisted them. "What next?!" Yang yelled. "We hit the final gun! We're not too far from it! It'll just take one final effort!" General Cole blew his whistle, causing everyone to charge. "URA!"

The Coalition and Crusaders made it to the final gun. A Coalition soldier put a grenade into the guns barrel and ran. The flak gun exploded, giving a signal that the mission was a success. Audrey then fired a flare, letting other soldiers in the area that it was a success.

Some of the Zealots there pulled out their swords and stabbed themselves, hoping to die with some honor. Some of the Crusaders and Coalition soldiers just looked on in sorrow, knowing that there was no stopping them. They took off their helmets and lowered their heads out of respect. "As they fall, let God and Christ lift them to their land of peace." "Amen."

Team RWBY and JNPR looked on in horror, seeing the absolute apathy displayed by the soldiers. While sending the prisoners to processing, an Altmer prisoners wallet fell out of his pocket. A Crusader walked over an picked it up. "Hey, look at this. Gold skin came from the Spaceport." The Crusader laughed as he opened it. He then saw photos of children in...suggestive positions with tears in their eyes.

The Crusader then turned his head towards the Altmer and took his axe. "You guys shouldn't watch this" A Coalition soldier said. The two teams turned away while Wil and Audrey sighed and lowered their heads, knowing exactly what was going to happen.

The teams could only hear screams and the axe hitting the Altmers skull. After it was over, they heard a voice say "Strip him naked and make the other prisoners bury him." "Yes sir." Wil and Audrey waited till the body was buried to tell the teams that they could turn around. "I've seen Grim get killed in some messed up ways, but I've never seen it happen to people" Jaune said.

Hazel looked down. "It's the only way to stop the Dominion from destroying and enslaving us" Hazel said. "Isn't there a way to get them to surrender without violence?" Blake asked. "We tried that, but they went back on their word. They only know how to take and destroy. It's the only language the Dominion knows, and it's the only thing we can do" Wil said.

Fall begins
40XX