Chapter Nine

"What are you doing here?!" Yoongi whisper yells as soon as the door to he the bedroom is closed. "Is this part of your 'plan', huh? Manipulating Tae into allowing you into our home?!"

"This is way beyond any plan I had," Jungkook scoffs. "All of this– me being here and being part of your 'dream home' construction– this is all your fiancé's doing!"

Yoongi's mouth purses in a tight line as he bares into the red stain on the back of Jungkook's shirt.

"How did you know about the party?" He manages to ask.

"He invited me." Jungkook answers curtly.

After a silence settles, Jungkook raises his shoulders uncomfortably, feeling sticky from the wine, before turning around to face Yoongi.

"How does he know that we know each other?"

Yoongi huffs out a sigh. "When he and I got back into contact with each other I hadn't seen him since I graduated high school. One of the first conversations we had was about my time at university. You, uh..." he clears his throat, avoiding the younger's stare. "You were a big part of my life... I couldn't really talk about it without talking about you."

Jungkook takes a beat to let the words sink in before he speaks again.

"But you didn't tell him everything."

Yoongi doesn't say anything, only shakes his head in confirmation.

"Why?" The question is spoken quickly, then a realization hits Jungkook. "Or, I guess the better question is why would you, isn't it. If we were just friends after all. That's what you said the other night, right? You wanted to get back to how we were, which was friends. I assume that's what you told him. There's no way he'd have willingly brought me closer to you if he knew we were anything more. If he knew how we actually felt about each other."

Jungkook tries to keep his expression stern, but when Yoongi looks up at him with hurt clouding his irises, he finds it extremely difficult to do so.

"Please. Please don't- I can't talk about this right now," he says and his voice sounds so small.

Jungkook glides his eyes across Yoongi's face before relenting with a sigh.

"I'll go get you something to change into... And a washcloth. I'm sure the wine's made you feel sticky," Yoongi nearly whispers before rushing around Jungkook, presumably towards the closet.

When Jungkook reaches up to push his hair off of his forehead– a mindless habit he does when he's frustrated that he'd picked up from Jimin– the wet fabric grazes his back and makes him flinch, prompting him to begin unbuttoning the shirt, trying to keep his back arched away to avoid the wet fabric touching him again.

He's glad he didn't wear an undershirt under the button down, meaning he only has one shirt to worry about awkwardly removing to avoid the cold liquid, but annoyed that he hadn't kept his blazer on after entering the party so his shirt could have avoided likely being ruined.

Well, hindsight is twenty-twenty he guesses. Nothing he can do about it now.

He hears the sink turn on as he slides the shirt down his arms and by the time he has it held loosely away from his body by the collar Yoongi is stepping back into the room.

Jungkook turns around when he hears the man let out a tiny squeak– likely due to surprise at seeing Jungkook's naked torso– but is too late to meet his eye line as Yoongi is looking down at the carpet.

He has a washcloth in one hand and a dark colored dress shirt in the other, which he drops onto the bed on his way to Jungkook.

"You can do this yourself if that would be more comfortable for you," Yoongi comments in a lowered voice, holding the washcloth out just enough for Jungkook to take if he chooses, "but I assume where the drink spilt is not an easy spot to reach without help."