Chapter Twenty-Two

After assuring them at least half a dozen times that he and Jungkook are okay Taehyung gave them a shortened version of what happened, including mainly the pertinent details of the accident.

The full story, the leading up to and the actual accident, goes like this:

Just after sunset Taehyung and Hoseok made their way down the concrete pathway they'd taken to get to the small, unassuming home, to get back to their rented car.

Taehyung felt a little lighter as they walked, but only a little.

The Shin's home was pleasant. The family very welcoming and ever grateful for what's being done to make Nari happy, but... the atmosphere was still unbelievably, and understandably, tense.

Taehyung and Hoseok were in Busan today because their office was able to make as close to what Nari had wished for as possible come true.

It wasn't easy to do.

She'd wanted with all her heart to go to the I.U. concert at the Seoul Olympic stadium that was in two months.

The surprise though that Nari didn't know about is that Taehyung's office was able to secure backstage passes for Nari to meet I.U. after that show.

The show she will now be unable to attend because- Well, to be morbidly blunt, the doctors don't believe Nari will make it until then.

Her condition has worsened, the treatments aren't working and medically there's nothing else that can be done.

Her family has been commuting for quite some time between Seoul for her hospital visits and stays and their home in a small town in Busan just at the edge of the Ahopsan Forest. That's where they are with Nari now.

It had taken some work because they very well couldn't up the date of the concert and the Seoul show was the first of her tour. All the other shows would come after.

Many favors were requested and numerous strings were pulled but they managed to get I.U. to come to Nari in person.

She came to her home, stayed for much longer than was originally planned, to meet and sing songs with the little girl.

Nari got to tell her how much her music means to her and profess her love and admiration for her favorite singer.

From Nari herself to I.U. and the staff who travel everywhere with her, as well as Nari's parents and Taehyung and Hoseok, lots of tears were shed.

As Taehyung and Hoseok left the home, having said their goodbyes and requesting for Nari's family to, despite the wish being fulfilled, please keep in contact when they can because they want to know them updated on Nari is doing, they felt lighter now that their duty has been fulfilled, but brokenhearted still.

Taehyung was reminded yet again that life just isn't fair.

It's an unequivocal truth and although Taehyung hates it, it remains a fact.

It gets proven everyday.

For whatever reason Nari's life will be a short one filled with Doctors and hospital stays instead of that of a healthy child who has their whole life ahead of them to accomplish their dreams.