PLEASE, Don't Leave Me

Book 2, Ch. 18||

Mackenzie's Pov:

"D-dad. Please, let me go talk to her." I ask not believing everything that is happening. He doesnt answer, "PLEASE!" I beg with all my strength. He finally nods and I run up to her room. "M-maddie?" I enter her room. She's almost asleep but not completely. I run up to her and give her the strongest hug ever. "Ouch." I let go. "I'm sorry." I lower my head. "It's ok." She whispers, about to fall asleep. "Please dont let me stay here alone! Remember all the things you promise to teach me? I need you! Who will sleep with me when I have nightmares! Who will be there to laugh and dance all day? Who will I look up to? WHO MADDIE? YOU CANT JUST LEAVE AND THINK I'LL BE FINE. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT! You cant.." "I promise I'll be right here. I wont leave you" Her calm and tender tone of voice relaxes me. Who will ever be able to do that? No one! That's who! "You swear Maddie?" She nods. "I dont want to lose you. I CANT lose you! What Am I suppose to do if you leave? I dont wanna be here without you! If there's no you, there's no me!" She gives me a slight smile. "I am not going anywhere. And no matter what, I'll ALWAYS be here." She says pointing at my heart. I nod while tear after tear fall from my red puffy eyes, I sniff. "I love you. And I would never leave you alone. I'm going to be there through whatever! You are my little angel Kenzie. Sent right from heaven! I would never let an angel go!" I nod silently. 'I wont either Maddie. My heart will never let you go." I remeber all the times she hold me in her arms and told me it was going to be fine. And she was always right. She gave me strength, she gave me confidence. She gave me a heart. I just cant afford her to disappear. She gives me a smile. A beautiful and wide smile. I sigh. I'll miss that smile. I shed a tear. Time goes on so fast. I still remember when we were young, and life was beautiful. I just wished we had more time together. What I will do when she leaves? I need advice, my roommate, my helper, my best friend...

"Now go and finish your homework!" She says sternly. I laugh at her last remark. Always protecting me. That's my sis! I cry more. Thinking about how no one would take care of me like she does. How this may be the last time I may actually talk to her. Thinking about the pain in my heart, increasing by every second. "I love you too Maddie." I see her blue eyes close as I say those last words. She's asleep. I head to the wait room. Those long and lonely hallways tormenting me every step I take. Repeating and repeating the sound of her voice in my head and heart. "She's already sleeping..." I say as I walk in with my face staring at the floor. Paige stands up and goes to Maddie's room. As I stay there. In about 40 minutes everyone had gone to visit her. Even though she was sleeping we all talked to her. I just couldn't stop thinking about how she could leave me. It's not fair! I've been good! I don't deserve this! I want my sister! I want my sister! I WANT HER HERE WITH ME! She said she would be here! I still remember when she said she'll never leave me!

She promised she wouldn't leave me in this horrible and cold world. SHE SWORE IT.