It's Maddie

Book 2, Ch. 16||

Brooke's Pov:

I open the doors abruptly not waiting for anyone. "Madison and Melissa Ziegler" I tell the women in the reception without saying another word. She glances me a confused look. I desperately scream. "WHERE ARE MADISON AND MELISSA ZIEGLER?" She looks startled but I couldnt care less. I just wanted to see them. She clears her throat. "2nd floor, room 24." I run through the hall ways, not looking nor caring who is following me. I reach to where they are found. Afraid to open the door, I stand still. 'What if they are gone?' 'What if they are in a coma?' All these terrible thoughts ran through my mind. I cant open that door. I just cant... "B-Brooke? Is that you?" I hear Maddie's voice full of pain. Without thinking twice I open the door, not caring what I could face. Maybe I should have thought it a little more. I definitely wasn't prepared to see what was in front of me. "M-Maddie? Melissa-a?" Tears form in my eyes. No, no, no. This is all a dream. This is all a dream. This is not happening. I close my eyes, wanting to avoid reality. I slowly open them again, praying that it was all a dream. But all I saw, was what I've been seeing for a couple of minutes. I hear gasps coming from the door. I don't even bother to see who it is. All I care about is the two people laying in front of me. I hear sobbing increasing as more people arrive. My eyes still locked in the same place than before. "Excuse me. Are these Madison and Melissa's Ziegler family?" We all nod, even though we didnt share blood, we were family. "Madison-" "It's Maddie." I correct the doctor angrily. "What?" "She is Maddie." I increase my volume, letting him hear me clear. "Umm... ok. Maddie and Melissa were in a car crash. Apparently Madison- I'm sorry, Maddie, was driving. The car that hit them crashed them in the front. Which caused both of them having almost the same impact. But, since Melissa was in the passenger seat, the air bag caused her more damage than Madison." I shot him a look at the mention of her complete name. She NEVER liked being called like that. She was Maddie. End of story.