You Haven't Move On?

Book 2, Ch. 11||

*One Week Later*

Nick's Pov:

"Could you please give me a mocha and a cinnamon roll" She nods and takes my order. After waking up I decided to come to Starbucks, since it's just a few blocks away, I didn't have much issue with walking. "Anything else?" "No thanks" I give her cash and she signals me to go wait on the other side. I nod and walk away. I wait there until they call my name. "It's me!" I raise my hand and they give me my order. I sit in a small table and sip my coffee and munch my cinnamon down. I was just about to leave when I see someone coming my way. "Is that you? It is! The one and only Nick Dobbs!" I give her a fake smile. "Hey Katrina..." I manage to say. She stares at me, as if she was checking me out. I shrug uncomfortably. "We got to catch up!" She say after a while. "Yeah... I dont think that's a good idea." I tell her. She sighs. "So you stil are stuck in the past, huh?" I shrug again. "Nick, you gotta let go. I'm not telling your secret. I'm not that stupid. I could go to jail you know?" "Shut up. Someone may hear you" I tell her angrily. "Look, I'm trying to move on, so it'll be better if you stay the hell out of my life." I say and I leave her behind. Not looking back. Memories of that day come to my mind as I try to push them away. No luck with that... I finally get home just to see someone moving in. "New neighbors?" I ask my mom as I enter the house. She rolls her eyes. "Hi Nick. I'm fine thank you for asking" She says, angry that I didn't greet her. "I'm sorry mom." I apologize, she nods. "So! New neighbors huh?" She sighs. "Yup. A divorced mother with her 17 year old daughter." "Oh. Is she joining my school?" She nods. "We are going to welcome them to the neighborhood this afternoon. Maybe you want to come." "Uh... No thanks!" She rolls her eyes. "Honey, it wasn't really a question." "But mom!" I start to whine, but quickly get interrupted. "No 'buts' The worst case scenario is that you may actually have fun and get to know this new girl!" Now I am the one rolling my eyes. "Fine..."

A/N: Thank you for the sweet comments! They REALLY inspire me to write more!! Thank you!