Thank You, Sir

Book 2, Ch. 21||

Nick's Pov:

"How is she doing doctor?" I cant believe those two! I swear I saw blood coming out of that fight! As much as they love each other, they are crazy! "I'm happy to tell you that the surgery went perfectly fine!" I let a sigh of relief as everyone else. Best feeling ever. "But..." Oh no! Here comes the 'but'! "Now that we know she has this problem we will have to check on her more regularly. The operation we did, cant take all the problem away. Although, fortunately, most of it is gone, she still remained with it in some places." Well that isn't exactly bad. "We will have her 3 days for recovery here in the hospital, where she'll have to spend the night. And after we release her, the first few months, we will have to check her once per week. Then we will see how she is doing and decide from there what to do next." I guess she's somehow fine. "As for her mother, she will be able to leave tonight. She's all set to go. She will be in pain for the first two days, but you could go to the pharmacy and buy her painkillers." He starts heading out and he turns his head. "And Madison wont be able to have visits until the last day. Her legal guardian, or anyone who wishes, can stay and spend the night here with her but still wont be allowed to visit her." We nod, and he continues his way. We all turn to face each other and smile. "She's fine!" Kenzie exclaims! "She's fine!" Brooke repeats. "She is fine!" Josh says. We all have this huge group hug. I grab my phone. I text Paige and everyone at ALDC "Maddie is okay!! The surgery went fine and she will be release in 3 days!" I press send and instantly receive tons of smilies faces and prayers thanking God. "So, who is going to stay here with her?" Parents start discussing, thinking that they need to take care of Melissa as well. "Well, Melissa has Greg so I can stay here with Maddie." Kurt says. They all nod. "I want to stay daddy!" Mackenzie whines. "I know honey, but you'll be able to see her in three days! Don't worry!" She gives him the puppy face, but Kurt still says no. Josh gets close to Kelly and whispers something on her ear. "I'm not so sure Josh." "Please mom." She rolls her eyes. "Ask Kurt." She looks at Maddie's father and speaks. "I would like to stay here." Everyone looks at him surprised. "That's really considerate but you dont have to do that" He shakes his head. "I want to" Kurt glances Kelly. She shrugs. "Okay then." Josh grins. "Thank you sir." Kurt nods. "Well everyone else. We need to get going!"