'Brandon Situation'

Book 2, Ch.23||

Paige's Pov:

I've never felt as relief as I did when I read the text Nick send me! It was the best feeling in the world. And even though I thought it was a bit bizarre Josh stayed in the hospital, I decided not to fight it and just go with the flow... Yup, that's my new motto 'Just go with the flow' It seems to make things better. I thought it was so cute when Brooke blushed when the crazy super cute guy in the super market asked if she needed something else. I'm glad she's repairing her broken heart! I was half lying about the Brandon call, and half not. He did call but he wasn't exactly looking for her. He was asking to talk to ME! I almost fell of my bed when my mom told me! I would've landed straight in the face! I obviously didn't talk to him though! First of all, I don't really care what he has to say. Second, Brooke would kill me for taking so long coming down, Third, After she kills me for being late, she would DOUBLE kill me and make me ashes if she founds out I've been talking to Brandon. So... I dont really got a reason to talk to him. Okay, maybe I do. The whole 'I almost fell of the bed! act was all fake.. I really wasn't THAT surprised when my mom told me, but I had to pretend that I did. Truth be told, I've been seeing Brandon for the last couple of days. It wasn't really on my list on how to start fresh, but I really could do nothing about it! I was wondering round the streets, deep in my thoughts, when I saw him. I saw Brandon. He had seen me too, so he stopped and grabbed me by my arm so I could avoid escaping. His tight grip was starting to hurt and the only way I could make it stop was if I listened to him. So I did. And it turns out what happened in New York wasn't really his fault! So we started hanging around more often. We both, at the same time passed through the same street 'accidentally' and started chattering away. None of us really planned on doing it that way, but it seemed as if we both knew we had to do it that way! So everyday, at the same time, I go out to the same street were I found him just to see him waiting for me to arrive. It may not be the right thing to do to keep this away from Brooke, but I really don't have a choice! I like hanging out with Brandon, and Brooke, who is all protective would have let out her inner mom and wouldn't let me see him. SHE'S NOT EVEN MY MOTHER! But I get her, she's trying to protect me. But it's frustrating! I can take care of myself, and if I wanna see Brandon, who is she to stop me? I'll guess things will just have to go this way till she finds a new boy and chills with the whole 'Brandon Situation'.