Not her

Book 2, Ch. 19||

Josh's Pov:

Everyone went to talk to Maddie except me. I hadn't had the nerve to talk to her. But this is my last chance. Either I go or I don't. And I have to. I stand up and I walk the lonely halls from the hospital. I check to see if she's still there, and there she is. Sleeping like an angel. "Hi Maddie" knowing she wont respond, I continue talking. "You know, you were my first love right? I'm sorry if I ever hurt you. It was never my intention for things to happen that way. They just did" I sigh. "You really are a one special girl Mads. No one can deny that. Remember the time we were only 12? We were sitting in a bench, just you and me. Talking about normal things. My God! You looked beautiful that day!" I chuckle. "I remember Paige catching us by surprise taking us pictures! I was so mad at her! I was about to tell you how I felt!" I laugh. "I'm not really that good with expressing my feelings huh? You know that." Since I came here I have not shed a single tear. I've always felt that I needed to stay strong for everyone else but, right now I'm alone. "M-maddie. You really are amazing. I-I just cant afford to lose you. I cant! I need you! Yo-ou are my everything!" Why was I so dumb to realize that? And I'm telling her now, when she's probably not even hearing me and -maybe-about to die. I start to cry with anger and pain. "Maddie I-" "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" I get interrupted by a really noisy machine. The sounds keeps getting faster and faster. "BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP" I start to get scared. "HELP!" I scream. Nurses and doctors come rushing through the door. I stand in one corner making sure I dont get in the way. Still processing what is happening. They unplug many cables that were attached to her and start heading out of the room. She was still not completely out when I scream "I love you!" Finally admitting the words that would've changed everything. If it wasnt Because of me, we would still be in New York. Playing and kissing in the sun. If it wasn't for me, she would be happy and laughing. I really screwed this time. Not knowing if that's the last time I'll ever see her, I cry. I cry and cry. "Please! PLEASE dont take her! PLEASE!" I scream. "Not her! Not Maddie. Dont take her!"