I Dont Even Care

Book 2, Ch. 7||

Chloe's Pov:

I run to Maddie and I hug her with all my strength. But she doesnt return it, she just stands with her hands down. I pull her back. "We were worried sick about you!" She rolls her eyes and gives Josh a look as if she's telling him 'I told you'But I dont care. Paige and Brooke come close and hug her too. "Why did you left Maddie? You had us searching for you like crazy! We almost call the cops!!" Brooke says angry. She shrugs and walks away. She gathers her stuff. "Whatever. You find me. Now lets go" she says defeated. As if she wants to escape but doesn't find a way how to. We walk in silence to the apartemnt. Nobody knows whether to be happy we found her, angry she ran away, or sad at her reaction when we found her. It's just so confusing. "We changed the tickets. We are leaving New York today" I inform Maddie. She nods and heads to her room. Paige checks the apartment to make sure Brandon is no were to be found. She comes back smiling. "No Brandon anywhere!!" We all give her a slight smile. "Well, I dont know about you guys but, I'm angry at her." Brooke announces. In the other hand, Paige who is more sentimental tells her. "I'm happy that we find her!!" She says with a big smile plastered on her face. "I'm just hurt at her reaction when she saw us. It felt as if she didnt want us to find her." I confess. "Yeah Chloe. That's why she left. She didnt want to see us." Nick says as if it was obvious but that doesnt make me feel better. In all this time Josh hasnt said a single word. "What do YOU think." I ask Josh. He shrugs and leaves. I watch him climb the stairs and all I can think is how coming here was the hugest mistake of my life. We all go to our rooms to get ready to get back to Pennsylvania. After an hour or so everyone seems to be ready. So we hop into the car. I drive to the airport and all the car ride, the only thing you could hear was everyone breathing in and out. 'What a great trip!'I think to myself. Obviously being sarcastic. We finally arrive and we get everything down. We find our seats in the plane and of course I had to be with the two people I wanted to avoid. Josh and Maddie. And to make it better, I am the one sitting in the middle. Maddie is right in the window. She faces the window and gives me her back. I sigh. I guess I'm going to be ignored. I turn to Josh who does the exact same thing as Maddie. So no one wants to talk. Fine with me. I dont even care...

More?