He's Cute

Book 2, Ch.22||

Brooke's Pov:

After a VERY long day, we finally get home! We practically stayed the whole day on the hospital and I'm STARVING! "Mom is there something to eat?" "No sweetie! I haven't had a chance to go to the store for groceries." "MOOOOOM" I whine. "I'm sorry Brooke. It is what it is. If you want you can go to store just around the corner, but you'll have to take your sister with you." I roll my eyes whatever. "Fine. I need cash." "Excuse me?" Ughhh. Why is she so annoying! "Could you please give me some money?" She nods and takes out 20 dollars. I grab the money and scream. "PAIGE! I AM LEAVING!" "Coming!" I hear footsteps coming closer and I assume it is Paige's. I sit down in the couch and I wait for her. "Let's go!" I stand up and head to the door, Paige following me. "WAIT!" She screams. I roll my eyes again. "What now?" I say with desperation. "I forgot my sweater." She says happily. "Do you really need it Paige?" "Um.. YEAH!" "Fine. Go get it." She runs to the room and I stay leaning on the door, waiting for her to come. I hear the phone ringing but I dont bother getting it. Paige finally gets here and I open the door again, but of course, opening the door is obviously IMPOSSIBLE! "WAIT BROOKE!" NOW WHAT?! GOSH! Why is it so difficult to open the door and take a few steps!? "WHAT!" I scream angry and annoyed. "First of all, dont scream. And Brandon called." W-w-what? "B-brandon?" I stuttered. "Yup." Paige says understanding what I'm feeling, but I doubt that she knows what I'm feeling. Well maybe yes, but still! "You answered?" "No. Mom did. Believe me, I was in shock. Just like you. Apperently he was searching for youuuuuuu." She says making the 'u' longer as I roll my eyes getting back to the real world. "Yeah well I dont care." I say as I flip my hair. "Yeah right." I roll my eyes AGAIN, It seems like I've been doing that A LOT lately, annoyed that she was questioning me. But deep deep VERY deep inside knowing she's right. Things didnt end so well and we didnt really have closure. So yeah, I think about it sometimes, but I have to move on. And talking to him isnt exactly on my list on 'How To Move On From Brandon Pent' "Whatever. Can we just leave already?" She nods. THANK YOU! I finally do what was seemed impossible... I OPENED THE DOOR! Yes, I know, I know! Amazing, huh? Note my sarcasm? We walk to the store and we both choose something we want to buy. I chose some Doritos and Paige got a bag of Lays. I head to the counter and this cute guy starts adding up things to my bill. I got a bottle of water and Paige a Coke, and some groceries my mom asked for. I was so happy when he started talking to me! Not that I'm looking for something right now, but he was hot! He had blue eyes they were deep like the ocean! Beautiful! Blonde hair, and even though he was wearing a shirt, I could tell he was fit! He was wearing ripped jeans and a white shirt with the supermarket logo. "Anything else?" Ok, maybe it wasn't like a real conversation, but still! He spoke to me! His voice was very deep and sexy! Not wanting to leave, I grab gum and put it down. "Yes! This too please!" He smiles and checks it in. WOAHH! His smile.... It's dreamy! WAIT! omg, I just realized I'm wearing a pajama shirt and some pants! God, I couldn't have picked an uglier outfit! "Nice shirt by the way." I start blushing at his comment. It was a steelers shirt so I'm guessing he likes them! "Thanks!" It's all I manage to say. I wish I could flirt more! I'm so bad at this! "It would be $15 bucks!" I nod and take the 20 dollars my mom had given me and I hand them to him. "Here's your change! Have a nice day!" I grab my bags and start heading to the door, He is so cute! I cant believe I didnt even ask for his name! Ugh. I totally missed a great chance with him! But who cares anyway, he probably has girlfriend! Whatever....