Bomb

*Katie is 16*

I woke up early to head over to the hospital and sign up for the race happening today. I jumped out of bed and got changed quickly, throwing my hair up in a ponytail as I walked downstairs.

"Morning Katie! You ready to go? You have to be registered in an hour at the latest or you can't compete."

"Morning Will! Yeah I just have to grab my water bottle then I'm good to go! Is Jay already there?"

Will nods. "Yeah he left around 20 minutes ago I'd say."

"Ok! I'm ready to go! Are you staying or just dropping me off?"

"I'll probably stay, unless I get called in for a shift." Will answered with as he starts the car.

We arrive at the hospital and get out. I see Jay, Hailey, and Kim talking by the police tent where Hailey and Kim are handing out papers and that stuff I don't even know for sure. I turn and see Gabby and Matt on the other side with the firehouse tent.

"Katie! You racing today too?" Gabby asks shocked.

I laugh a bit. "Yeah! People from school were talking about it and the cause so I decided why not sign up?"

"Sweetie that's amazing! Not many younger kids are signed up I guess." She says a bit disappointed.

"Oh well I'm going to go register right now, you want to come?"

"Sure! Just let me tell Matt where I'm going. You might want to tell your brothers, Jay will get all worried if he doesn't see you anywhere." She says and starts giggling.

I chuckle a bit. "Oh yeah his overprotective cop side will come out." I say with a wink and start walking to where they're still standing. "Hey guys! I'm going to go register myself. Gabby is coming with me." I cut Jay off as I see him start to speak.

He nods with a slight smile. "Alright! We'll stay here so you know where to find us."

"Katie! You ready?" I hear Gabby yell from behind me.

"Yeah I'm coming!" I yell back before waving to my brothers, Kim, and Hailey and running over to Gabby. We walk into the building and follow the registration signs. We both sign our names and are on our way out of the room and down the hallway.

BOOM

Gabby and I are thrown sideways and I feel my body slam into something hard before everything goes black.

*Wills POV*

Katie and Gabby had just went in to register.

"Hey Kim, you need help setting up the tent?" I ask her with a laugh.

She looks at me and sticks out her tongue. "No will I do not." She keeps trying but soon a support gives out.

We all start laughing except Kim. She does a little pout and looks at me. "Maybe I do need help?" She says sheepishly. I start laughing and go to help her.

BOOM

I fall because of the impact. I start slowly getting up. My head is pounding and I hear is ringing in my ears. I look up and see the front of the hospital is absolutely destroyed. I look around and see Jay helping Hailey up and Matt helping Kim up. We all look at each other before running to try help people.

I'm helping a little girl when I hear a yell.

"Will!! Katie and Gabby!?" I stand up as quick as I can. My little sister was in that building when that bomb went off. I look at Jay and run over to where Matt, Kelly, and Chief are standing.