Chapter One

This is my very first story I'm publishing on Wattpad! Please note the story is COMPLETE, but the remainder will be posted in increments! I thank you for reading!!! <3333

- Eleni

***************************************************************************************

Stanfield, North Carolina

Entering upon the small-town, with a population of only fifteen hundred people, frightened me. Besides the fact that I have never been to such a small 'town'. And well, besides the fact that I'd be spending the rest of my stupid summer here because of my father who thought to himself that after 8 years he decided he wanted to see me again, my heart ached to go back to Jersey to my mom. But I couldn't. Instead, I was stuck here in some ratty, little dirt town, with my father, who I haven't seen since I was eight and flat-chested. It's not fair that my father just gets to take me away from all my friends in Jersey.

And yes, the judge said so. Yes, fellas, this is how dramatic it got that a judge had to be dragged into it.

Now, I'm exactly one hundred and fifteen pounds of natural beauty. I don't wear much makeup or even spray tan, like the rest of my friends back at home. I'm very elite, compared to the people that I've seen so far. For example, Scotty, the paper boy, he looks as if he hasn't gone to a dentist in months. And Nancy, the farmers market (yep, you heard me right) owner, also had so much cheap, drug-store makeup. The kind I see when I stop at a gas station but would never dare to think of buying it if you had the friends that I have.

I'm sure you're asking yourself why in the world such a high-quality, elitist type of girl like myself have to spend her summer in this village, in the middle of nowhere. Well, you can thank Judge Jorshton, the judge who decided to get involved in this family predicament when my mom said that we'd go to court. Trust me, my dad has no money, he's poor as ever, so I don't know how my mom didn't win. I have to spend the summer with my father. That's the bottom line, he's a baker and florist in this pathetic place. My mother agreed so quickly before my eyes I could barely believe it. One second, I was getting a pedicure with Nia my pedicure lady and the next I'm being shipped into a car to go to Newark and fly on down to Charlotte, North Carolina. As if.

On a sort-of brighter note, apparently my dad owns the only bakery in town. Lucky for me I'll just gain a million pounds from this and go back home fat like a pig. How southern. Getting back to the even more negative and depressing side of things, I've been granted two and a half months to stay with my father. My mother shipped me off a week before tenth grade was over to this 'town'.

As of this minute, my father and I are in the car and we're both silent. He knows that I'd so much prefer to be anywhere but here (realistically, back home in my mansion), then stuck here in his Graise Bouquet pink min-van. This piece of metal is truly an embarrassment, I don't know how he drives around in this thing. I'd so much rather be anywhere else, this thing is hideous. Maybe I could've worked out the relationship between my ex and I, Tony. But no, instead I've got to be stuck with some wife-less old bachelor that I haven't seen in about eight years, because suddenly he chose to remember that he was a father and I'm the one that gets punished for it.

I honestly wish I was back home. Anything would be better than sitting here with Latino music playing and my father trying to dance. He's trying to make me feel comfortable, but it's having the complete opposite effect. It's totally not and he's just making more attempts at increasing this awkwardness. Ugh, kill me now.

As my father continues to drive, we begin going through neighborhoods until we reach a two-story house with a big yard and no fence. This feels safe... not. He parks the car on a dirt patch. Let me tell you, we're in the country now folks.

"Come on Gab," I cringe, he knows that's not my name, but sighing loudly I reach for my Ralph Lauren purse on the floor next to my pedicured toes in Juicy Couture flip flops. I brought the stuff I didn't mind throwing out or getting dirty, since this is the south after all.

He's totally not a gentleman or even helpful as he makes me take my matching Ralph Lauren duffle bag and he grabs my four suit cases from the back.

"You really are your mother's daughter," he laughs, trying to tend the conversation. I don't say anything back. Obviously I'm my mother's daughter, you haven't been in my life since I was like eight. I barely remember you. You're irrelevant to my life, but I hold back. My mom said I should try to play nice, he's my father after-all. I wanted to say, you don't pick and choose when you want to be a dad, but instead I kept my mouth shut.

My duffle bag consists of all my hair products, toiletries, anything girly that you can think of. In my purse I had my phone, mascara, lip gloss, Teen Vogue, gum, chap stick and my wallet. My suitcases had tons and tons of clothes. One suitcase was just shoes. I don't even think it's going to last me a whole summer but mom gave me a credit card "for whatever you want while you're down there", she told me not to tell my father that she gave this to me because she didn't want to seem like I got everything I want... but I do get everything I want, and that's just something he's going to have to learn.