Chapter Fifteen

Moe

After football practice, Mr. Graise decided to give me off from work. I accepted gratefully, with everything going on. He said the shop's just been slow. It was fine because this meant I had more time to spend with my beauty, Gabriela. Even though she didn't know she was mine just yet.

I go home first to freshen myself up a bit. When would Gabby start working at the Graise Bouquet?

My niece and nephew kept arguing with each other which annoys me. Juan doesn't even try telling them to be quiet anymore, he never puts them in their place, never disciplines them, because my young niece has cancer. Ariana is sick and it breaks my heart to pieces.

I put on black basketball shorts and a white Hollister T-shirt. Lately, Gabby has been making me pay attention to what I wear. I even buy new clothes just for her sometimes, so that she'll notice and compliment me, on the off chance that I even see her. I don't want her seeing me in dirty or stained clothes, it actually embarrasses me. I just want her to like me, dammit. I drive to Gabby's and I don't want to pressure her about the lake and so I hope she'll still come with me. I don't know if she will, since her grandma passed, and it might be too much for her to be able to come. I really don't know.

When I pull up in front of her house, I instantly get excited... or was that just nerves? Whatever it was, I need to get this over with. So, I go up to her door and ring the doorbell. It is time for us to talk. I step inside and Matty gives me a hug. I pick him up, spin him around a couple times then ask where his sister is.

"Upstairs, playing with Dee," he says. I smile and rustle his hair.

"Thanks bro," I run up the stairs and he goes back to watching TV. Then I knock on Gabby's door. There's silence for a couple of seconds before I hear Gabby on the other side ask, "Who is it?"

"Open up... it's me," I can hear her and Dee whispering to one another. Finally, Dee opens the door.

"Hi," she says, trying to act casual. Gabby is standing right next to her.

"Hey," Gabby says shyly.

They both look like strippers.

Gabby has a TON of makeup on and is standing there with bootie shorts and a golden bra. Dee has on skin-colored pantyhose, with a thong over it and a see-through shirt with no bra. Gabby looks smokin' hot, but of course, what the hell was going on? I try to hold my dirty thoughts about Gabby in but today, I just need to let loose. I haven't seen her in so long. She looks so sexual, looks professionally done, I don't even know what to say right now.

"I just wanna get my hands on you," I stammer out. I really do. So badly. That sexy ass, baby just turn around and let me look at that ass! Damn! My body needs her. Craves her. Wants her.

"I'm sure you do... but you can't," Dee tells me. I roll my eyes.

"Yo, you got a sick ass girl. Come on baby. I can rock it and you know you want me... why you gotta fight it?" I say to Gabby. She looks from me, to Dee, she looks unsure, or hesitant.

"Listen, Gabriela and I have places to be so... bye," Dee says to me, attempting to close the door. I put my foot in between it. She wasn't about to leave me this easily.

"Oh, please," I beg, she's shaking her head no.

"Why not? What did I do? I miss you... I miss seeing you! Come on, I'll make it right again," I keep begging, Gabriela gives me a small smile.

"Maybe tomorrow," she says, biting her lip.

That's cool with me right? I can wait until tomorrow. I don't want to come off as totally desperate, although I don't understand her sudden mood swings. I know, Gabby has her own friend here and she's allowed to do what she wants, when she wants with her friend. Its not like I own her or anything.

"Uh... okay, just um...you can find me at the shop after four," I tell her, she nods and then Dee slams her door. I'm about to turn around and ask what the hell her problem is, but I don't want to know. Dee is a bitch as far as I'm concerned.

When I walk downstairs, confused by the rejection, I run into Matty who is running around with a fly swatter.

"The fly! The fly!" he shouts. It's on the ceiling. I pick Matty up by his waist and he hits the fly.

"Do you know anything that your sister likes?" I ask him. Obviously I sound desperately, but he doesn't know, he's just a kid.

"She likes New Jersey," he replies innocently.

"What about a present? If she could get anything in the world... what would she want?"
"Probably... paint. She likes painting. She started teaching me," I smile. That is when I knew I was going to have to do something.

I leave Gabby's house and go to the town's community center. I sign Gabriela and I up for an art class, a series of four art classes every Wednesday evening. I couldn't wait to spend every Wednesday with Gabriela. Only slight problem is work, I'd be cutting it close but I'm sure I can change it with Chanelle.

After I finish up there, I go over to Asher's with Tommy.

"Sup man,"

"How's Gabby?" Of course that's Tommy's first question.

"Good,"
"Is she coming to the lake?"
"Nah, I don't think so."

They nod, looking all sad about it.

"Sorry,"

"So how's Joe?" I ask them. I've barely seen Joe, haven't spoken to him since Dee. He's too swept up by her, she actually spends time with him.

"Don't know, don't care," Tommy retorts. I snort.

"Care more about Gabby," Asher jokes to him.

I guess the only positive is it's better for them to like her than to try and convince me to break it off with her.

Later on, after our COD tournament we decide it was time to go to the lake. We pregame a bit before we leave, opening a bottle of vodka and taking turns chugging. It's around ten thirty now and I really don't want to go because I know Shannon's going to be there, but sometimes you have to do what you don't want to do.

When we get to the lake, there were a bunch of cars surrounding it, plus the cabin that me and my boys put together on renting. The ladies chipped in by paying for food, liquor and the new sound system we recently got. The cabin we got was awesome. It wasn't exactly like a cabin, since it's much bigger than that, with around six bedrooms. Four bathrooms, two dens, dining room, an upstairs bar and downstairs bar. I'm perfectly content with the setup. Makes for a good time.

Asher, Joe, Tommy, Shannon and I had our own bedrooms. Shannon's two best friends had their own room as well, they shared it. The house is honestly amazing. Tommy's been renting this house for years now, as he loves coming down to the lake. Before Shannon and I broke up, we used to share a room. We honestly did used to have fun. But she's a liar and even I knew that one, so I broke it off with her. I wish that Gabby was here.

The smell of beer, cigarettes, weed filled the house. Asher lit up a cigarette for me and I smoked it, closing my eyes and opening a beer.

The party was on. 

************************************************************************

Thank you for sticking with Gabby :) 

Who else hates petty high-school drama?

- Eleni