Chapter 18

It's been four days since Brad had called me, which also included in him ignoring my phone calls and text messages. Kayla had given me a quick 'hi' before she basically stopped replying to my texts, though I knew she read them. My phone told me so. I was close to just giving up and telling them both to leave me alone but something was telling me not to do that. Not yet.

I was sat in my living room with my family and it was oddly quiet besides the noise coming from the television. It was the news channel, like always, and they were going on about someone who was going around and stealing pots for plants. Whoever that person was either needed a new hobby or needed to go to a shrink.

Suddenly, the news changed to something more drastic which I was sure caught everyone's full attention but my own. The lady in the television looked a bit shaken but still looked beautiful for some reason. Her blue blouse was possibly too frilly for my liking but it still looked beautiful against her caramel complexion and loose black locks.

Huh.

Television does make anyone flawless. Assholes.

"Emberton Private School has sent out a recent missing report on a local fifth year named Mariana Loftman. The young girl was snatched off campus with many witnesses yet no one was able to confirm who it was that grabbed her. The vehicle was a black Cargo van according to the cameras but the tag was unreadable. Loftman was last seen wearing black football shorts and her green practice jersey; her picture here shows her with long blonde hair and dark blue eyes. If you have any information-"

By that time, I had zoned out with a bit of shock but my family didn't seem as nerved as I was. They just listened to the news lady yet Jackson actually had a smirk on his lips. A smirk. A fucking smirk. A girl goes missing and he's smirking. I don't know why but that actually irked me because he once dated Mariana in his fourth year until he dumped her. I didn't know why he dumped her but after that, no one really talked to her or even tried to be her friend.

I got up from the couch after about two more minutes of being in this room with them awkwardly quietly and made my way up to my bedroom. I had nothing really to do since it was Friday but I didn't want to go to another party with Tristan and Hannah. I knew Niall, Harry, and the boys would be there so I didn't want to risk it. I told my brother I would stay away from them and I will. I just needed to get the information as to why I wasn't allowed to be near them and what the drama is between them and my brother.

The five boys struck me as dangerous but something was pulling me towards them. I think it had something to do with the fact that I loved adventure. Adventure always excited me. I guess that was one of the other reasons that I wanted to go to a new school.

My mind went back to what I was going to do the rest of the night. I didn't want to be stuck in this room with nothing to do so I went over to my movie shelf. Movie it was then. After about fifteen minutes of debating, I finally chose the movie The Breakfast Club since it was a classic and I really enjoyed classics.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Unknown P.O.V.
After the previous nights beating, I woke up with a groan and looked around the room again. Basement really. My hands were chained to the wall above me this time as I sat on the ground. My eyes instantly went to the dead girl that laid a few feet away from me.

A whimper escaped as I struggled to move away but that only tightened the chains with each movement, causing more pain to course through it's body.

"Food!" someone had called out from behind the main door I needed to escape through, the light burning my eyes once the door opened.

I couldn't see who walked up to me but he placed a tray by my feet before undoing the cuffs, kicking me in the ribs slightly.

"You have ten minutes to eat."

I looked at him as he walked away, my side now burning with pain, and noticed the outline of curly hair along with how light it was. He also had an American accent.

Who the hell was he?

I took all of the power in me before trying to speak, not speaking for more than a week. "W-who are you?"

My voice reminded me of a dying person but I guess that's what I was at this point. The man turned around and looked at me, a smirk set on his lips and the light finally giving me the sight of his

"You have ten minutes to eat."

I looked at him as he walked away, my side now burning with pain, and noticed the outline of curly hair along with how light it was. He also had an American accent.

Who the hell was he?

I took all of the power in me before trying to speak, not speaking for more than a week. "W-who are you?"

My voice reminded me of a dying person but I guess that's what I was at this point. The man turned around and looked at me, a smirk set on his lips and the light finally giving me the sight of his light brown eyes.

A small gasp escaped my lips when his smirk grew once he realized that I finally knew who he was. He's the good guy. The one who is supposed to be there and stand up for us all but now he's just...there ready to kill us.

It couldn't be him. No.
He can't be the monster. There's no way.
-----
Notes
I'm sorry for not updating but I promise I'll update everyday from now on!