Chapter 4

"Can I help you?"

The words slipped out of my mouth before I could actually filter them so it sort of surprised me slightly since I always filtered my words. The boy who held his grip must of been just as shocked when I said those words to him. I guess no one has really told him something like that before. The street grew quieter and colder as the minutes went by without a word. There were five boys that stood before me in front of a Black Range Rover now that I could see it up close.

Wait a minute.

Bullet holes.

I wanted to look at the car closer but didn't want to take my eyes off of the boys for a second because I didn't know what they were capable of.

Honestly...I didn't want to know about them.

"What did she say?" An Irish accent spoke out from the group but my eyes couldn't exactly pin to which boy had spoken. They all wore a black leather jacket except for one of the guys in the back that wore a black coat, strange. The bandanna's on their wrists were white with the red stains but the stain patterns were different on each bandanna for each boy. It seemed personalized but the guy wearing the coat almost had his bandanna completely covered in red. It intimidated me a little.

I turned my gaze back to the boy that was gripping on to my wrist to see that he was studying over my outfit the entire time I was looking around his group of friends.

Gang.

They were a gang.

I was surprisingly able to pull my hand out of his grip before placing my hands on my hip. "Well?" They stayed quiet for a few moments before I heard that Irish voice come from a blond hair boy with sparkling blue eyes.

"Why are you walking out at this time of night?" He asks softly and I instantly knew that he was the nicest of the group. But looks can be deceiving, can't they? I pulled out my phone from my pocket and clicked on to the lock screen, seeing that it was about eleven at night. I didn't really know how to answer his question since I didn't know the answer myself.

I opened my mouth to speak but my eyes caught on to a pair of emerald eyes, the connection froze me to my spot. This is weird. I blinked before looking at the blond boy again, "I wanted a walk. Is there a problem with that?" My voice was snappy but that was mainly due to the cold weather that I was facing without proper warmth. I could only be out in the cold for only a hour before freezing to death.

He laughed softly, the Irish boy, as his response to my question and answer to his question; strange one he was. Very strange. "No, not a problem." He grinned widely, showing his pearly whites. I just rolled my eyes and looked all of them over one last time.

"It was a pleasure to meet you boys," I started which took all of their attentions from their phone, "but I must go. This is wasting my time. So bye." I flash a sarcastic smile before going back the way I came from. Their stares burned holes into the back of my head and I knew they were shocked from the way I reacted. Their facial expressions told me everything.

It took me about five minutes to get to my house and I realized that all the lights were off which meant that my family was home. Asleep. I sighed and walked to the side of the mansion, knowing exactly where my bedroom window was. It was about a five foot climb but that was pretty easy for someone that liked to play sports. One of my secrets from the world.

I climbed the vine up to my bedroom window before opening it quietly and slipping in carefully, shutting and locking the window behind me.

Next stop: my bed.

______

VOTE/COMMENT