10- Something much better

Hailey's P.O.V.

I was helping Jess and the other girls put away the groceries while the guys teased Drake about me hitting him with the frying pan.

I think Drake's plan to tease and embarrass me backfired since he was getting the blunt of the comments now. I'm glad they turned it around on him because I felt so bad and I didn't think this was funny like everyone else did.

"Alright, now everythings pretty much unpacked, go eat." Jessica said.

"I'm not really-"

She put her hands on her hip, "You didn't eat those eggs this morning, you need to eat something. I ordered you a chicken bacon and ranch wrap, one of your favorites. Oh and here's your money back."

I sat down at the table, knowing I probably should eat something, I just wasn't hungry though. "Why didn't you use it?"

"Because I got it. Like I said, I'm just glad you're here, Hails."

"Take it. Please. I can afford my own food." Sliding the money back towards her.

Well technically Justin or the FBI was paying for it but that's neither here nor there.

I was sitting down eating my wrap, realizing I was more hungry than I thought I was when I heard Drake and Drew in the living room, goofing around and laughing. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard my name and couldn't help it...

"When you told me it would hit me, I didn't think you meant that literally." Drake said.

Drew laughed even harder.

'It would hit me'... What in the world was that supposed to mean?

They walked back into the kitchen, smiling as they looked over at me.

"Hey Rapunzel." Drake said as he sat down, wrapping his arm around the back of my chair with a sexy smile.

"You're never going to let that go, are you?"

"Probably not." He said as his smile widened.

Taking the last bite of my wrap, I got up to throw the container away and went to warm my coffee up when I felt my butt vibrating. I reached into my back pocket, quickly and pulled out my phone...

Justin.

"So Hailey, you up for a bonfire tonight?" Shane asked, leaning close on the counter next to me.

"Yes, that sounds like a lot of fun. Will you excuse me for a moment? This is super important, I have to take this."

"Yeah."

I gave him a smile and picked up the phone, "Hold on."

I walked out of the house and out onto the patio, shutting the door behind me. "Justin?"

"Hey, did you arrive wherever you were going?"

"Yeah, I'm here. I'm glad you called, I was worried about you and Amy."

"Don't worry about us, we're good. How are you doing?"

"I'm okay... I guess. What's going on, any news on Carlos or when this mess is going to be over with?"

"Right now a warrant has been issued for Carlos' arrest and then there will be an arraignment before this even goes to trial."

I sighed, "So, he's still out there?"

"Yes. And even if they arrest him chances are he'll make bond. We have a solid case and things are moving rather quickly, considering."

"Not fast enough."