20- All's fun in games and dancing

Hailey's P.O.V.

Yesterday we all went kayaking and took a long hike together. We ended up at a national park and took a tour of a lighthouse.

I love lighthouses. They were beautiful buildings that brought me peace as I looked out into the water.

Drake and I were up in the tower together when he told me about a few lighthouses in Michigan that were bed and breakfasts and how he was going to take me to one when I moved to Michigan. I was hopeful and excited for everything that was about to come when I was finally able to move forward with my life.

This morning when Drake and I woke up, he told me he was going into town for a few things and he would be back later.

After I got up and showered, I went back into my room and was currently finishing my letter to Jessica. I decided I was going to write both Jess and Drake a letter and give it to them when I left, reassuring both of them I would tell them everything when I came back.

I put Jessica's in an envelope with her name on it and sealed it. Next was Drake's... I didn't even know how to start this one. I was one hundred percent in love with this man and I was so scared I was never going to see him again and if I did, would he forgive me for the world I was walking away from?

I cried as I wrote the letter to him, hoping he would one day understand. I wasn't willing to let Drake go, I was going to fight for him.

I sealed his letter and put his name on the envelope before putting both the letters in my bag so no one saw them.

Walking upstairs I was greeted by everybody, noticing Drake was still gone when I sat down next to everyone.

"What's the plan today?"

"Look what Shane bought." Jess sat down next to me, showing me the Mystery Murder game.

"Ohhh, that looks like fun."

"We all work together to try and figure out who the killer is."

I nodded, "Yeah, I've heard about these games. I've never played before though, this is going to be awesome."

We heard a car pulling up. A few minutes later, Drake came walking in the cabin with a few different bags and a smile on his face.

"Hey, you." I smiled over at him.

"Hi." He leaned down, kissing my lips. "I'll be right back." He ran upstairs, moments later he came back downstairs, joining us.

"What have you guys been doing?" He asked the group.

I turned the game towards Drake, "We're playing this tonight. It should be fun, especially if we're all drinking." I wiggled my eyes at him. "Did you have fun in town?"

Drake's smile widened. "I did. Which reminds me... I'm taking you out on a date tomorrow night."

My heart stopped for a moment, I didn't exactly know what to say. "Umm?"

"Relax, Rapunzel. For whatever reason you have for not wanting to be with other people, it's fine because I planned it accordingly."

"Really, what are we doing?" I asked, excitedly.

He nodded, "Mhmm. Do you trust me?"

"Yes. Of course."

"Good. We're going to have a wonderful time. That's all I'm saying."

I did trust Drake, but he didn't realize how badly I needed to stay hidden. I couldn't compromise that or them, just to enjoy this date with Drake.