Chapter 2

Hey hi hello! Sorry this isn't being updated as consistently as I would like. Later in this chapter kind of sort of explains a bit of why it's been hard for me to write later chapters. I'm doing my best to muscle through it, though! ❤️

David got to his rental, got his duffel bag, went to the front passenger seat, took the documents and stared at them. A smile spread across his face. "The crowd is going to be thrilled to know I'm coming home. Even for a little while." He said to himself before heading back inside.

He went to the guest room and set his bag down. He put the documents on the dresser to the left of the door, then proceeded to take out a dark blue button up shirt and light Grey jeans to go with it, before going to the bathroom.

Once inside, he noticed his black robe hanging on the hook near the shower and door. He did his best to not laugh "Oh Jen, you're going to reveal that by accident someday and make the world think you have someone living here." He let a small chuckle escape his lips before running the shower, taking his clothes off and getting in.

Jen was in her office when she heard someone knock on the door frame.

"Hey you! Who owns the car in the driveway?" Reese said as she stood at the door. Jen turned around, ran to Reese and hugged her tightly. "That's Schwimmer's rental. I didn't expect him to get here until around now, but he finished his meeting early. He's in the shower currently, I think." Jen couldn't wipe the smile off her face as she spoke about the man. Reese laughed "Schwimmer's here?! Dammit! How long is he in town for?" She asked, suddenly very intrigued by her friend's company.

The woman thought for a second. "I think 4 days. He was originally just going to be in town until tomorrow, but then he decided to extend his stay. He was going to just come up for business with Cleo then fly back home, but Zoë came home earlier than expected, so now he's staying a few extra days. He hasn't mentioned what sort of 'meeting' he had earlier, either. Just that we'll 'know later on' which concerns me the tiniest bit." The woman blushed as she spoke.

Reese smirked at her friend "Someone's in loveeee!" Reese teased. Jen laughed and held Reese's shoulder, "Yes, I am. You saw how I am during the TMS ET interview or any TMS interview we did whenever Schwimmer's name is mentioned. I had to act annoyed at one point during the week because we're not dating and I had to 'put an end to the rumor' when I wish it were as true as everyone else wants it to be." Jen sat back down in her chair and huffed, feeling annoyed.

"Well, why isn't it true? You both clearly love each other...At least, that's how it seems after 27 years." Reese asked, Jen just shrugged "I feel like it wouldn't work out. He lives in NY, I'm here. It's the Justin situation all over again but with the man I've longed for for 27 years." She admitted.

Reese shook her head, clearly disapproving of Jen's response.

"Jen, Jenny, JenJen. It's Schwimmer! I'm sure you two could work something out. Distance is hard, but not being with the one you're meant to be with is harder. You've waited 27 years for this. I'm sure David wants this just as much and would be willing to do anything to be with you." Reese was trying her best to be as motivating as she could be. To her, Jen deserved the world. She knew David was a good guy. If anyone was going to treat Jen right, it was him.

Jen contemplated telling Reese about the conversation Cleo and her had, but ultimately decided against it. She rose from her seat again and clapped her hands "You're right. We need to get to work on the couple reels I need to make for VP!" Jen said in a super chipper tone. Reese jumped for joy and laughed at her own silliness. Jen mimicked her friend, which made them both laugh.

David stepped out of the shower about 10 minutes later, immediately grabbing the clothes he brought in and put them on. He could hear Jen and another voice giggling away about something downstairs, which made his heart melt. Jen's laugh was his favorite sound, and he soaked it up every time. He missed it. He missed everything about her and hated that they spent so many years apart.