Chapter 15

A/N: WHERE IS IT?!?!?! Shorter chapter cause I lost track of how long this and the next chapter were LOL
Jen thought she was going insane as she heard his confession.

"Y-you never sold it?" She asked, repeating what he just said.

David nodded. He locked eyes with her, and when he did, he saw shock. Though, it wasn't JUST shock. He saw love, hope, adoration.

"Well, honestly, I don't know WHAT I did with the ring. Before Zoë and I actually separated 5 almost 6 years ago, I was looking in the memory box one night, just to relive the GOOD years. I had the ring in the box since it's a memory of you - I kind of forgot I still had it. She walked in on me looking at it, and she wasn't too happy I still had it. She was calm and seemed cool, but I could tell she wasn't happy.

I don't know why I never sold the ring after you married Brad. I think I was planning to still give it to you, just as a reminder of me. Obviously, that would've been too inappropriate. Still, something kept nagging at me to not sell it." He explained.

Jen felt her heart racing, she felt slightly dizzy so she went to the living room, which David followed and they sat on the couch, side by side.

"Jen, I know this is a lot to take in... believe me, I do." David said softly as he took her hand in his, entwining their fingers. Jen just looked at David, her eyes now showed a bit of pain. "I just...I can't believe you kept it. We hurt each other so much after that, and you still held on to it for as long as you had?" She asked, still not being able to comprehend it all.

David took out his phone and started scrolling. Jen furrowed her brow at him. A minute later, he passed her the phone. She took the phone and looked at the display.

Her eyes widened and filled with tears as she saw the exact ring she fell in love with on the screen. She put her head down, passing the phone back to him. David wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"When I go back to New York, I'm flipping my house upside down a hundred times if I have to. It HAS to be at the house somewhere. I'm GOING to find it and I'm going to give it to you. It deserves to be with its rightful owner." He declared. Jen looked into his eyes, her eyes glossed with tears, but she smiled and kissed him quickly before they heard Cleo come downstairs.

"Alright, you seriously did not have to- are you ok?" Cleo asked as she found the couple in the living room. Jen nodded and laughed, then David gave his daughter his phone to show her the picture. "I made her cry cause I'm the worst." Cleo looked at the picture, her face immediately lit up as she admired the ring.

"That ring is absolutely stunning! Whoever has it now better take care of it." Cleo said, a wide smile appearing on her face. David looked at Cleo, then he got lost in thought.

"Cleo, can I ask you a question?" David finally asked. Cleo shrugged and nodded "Absolutely." She replied. Jen looked over at him, feeling like she knew what he was going to ask. "Have you looked in that secret spot in your bedroom floor recently?" He finally asked. It wasn't long for the young girl to nod her head. "Yep, I put some poems down there that I wrote on napkins so nobody looks at them. Didn't see anything else, though."

David let out a heavy sigh. "Even if I did place it there, she knows about that spot. If she REALLY wanted to find it, she would've probably looked there." Cleo then looked a little stunned "Wait, dad, do you think you still have it?"

"I know I didn't sell it. Not while I was sober, anyway. I feel like even then, I don't get drunk enough that I don't remember shit. I hadn't done that since...Well, I think the last time I got 'super drunk' was the night I called Jen my wife multiple times at the season 8 wrap party. THAT was embarrassing enough to sober me up to the point that I cringe every time I think about it now." David's cheeks turned incredibly red as that memory came back to him.