Chapter 16

A/NI'm feeling super good so I'm uploading this now.  Little bit of spice in this chapter🔥🔥 you've been warned.

Jen had found herself rushing into the house to grab a couple of blankets and heading back out to the backyard where David was waiting eagerly for her. Her stomach was doing flips, butterflies were ambushing her stomach.

She giggled like a teen as she reappeared in the back and saw David on the lounger, waiting as patiently as he could for her to return.

She smiled shyly as she sat onto the chair next to him, opening the blanket and wrapping half of it around herself, inviting him in with the other half, which he happily did. David wrapped his hands securely around the woman's waist as they snuggled up in the blanket.

They ended up spooning on the makeshift bed, Jen looking up at the sunset, David looking at the sunset, but looking primarily at her. He couldn't help himself. She was too enticing, and he was still trying to accept the fact that this was real life. That they were really together like this.

"God, I really don't deserve to be laying here next to this goddess. Not as easily as I have been able to, at least." He thought to himself as he admired the woman in his arms.

Jen turned over and looked at David, who just stared at her, lost in his own thoughts. He didn't realize how deep in thought he was until he felt Jen's lips pressed against his. "Are you ok?" She asked as he finally snapped back to reality.

"I'm perfect...perfectly confused." He joked, but Jen could tell he wasn't fully joking. "Why are you confused, my love?" She asked, her eyes full of wonder.

He looked into her eyes, took her hand and kissed it before he spoke up:

"Guess I'm still confused on why you still love an asshole like me." He quipped. Jen shook her head immediately, giving him a serious look. "Don't ever call yourself an asshole again. You're far from an asshole. I love you because you're kind, caring, and generous. What happened in the past is not who we are now. We've grown, matured. We had to grow apart to grow back together and grow closer than we ever have been."

She then smirked and climbed on top of him.

"I mean, look at us. We go from being flirty, wanting to cross that boundary but never being allowed to kids, to two consenting mature adults, but the one thing remains the same. We both want this. We both still want each other. I do have my concerns for Cleo's privacy and potential anxiety along with yours when we do decide to come out, though." Jen let out a sigh as she caressed the man's cheek.

David put his hand on top of hers, then turned his head to kiss her fingers.

"Jen, I know where your mind is going with that. Believe me, if I wasn't ready for people to bombard me with questions about you and about us, I wouldn't have told Ben about our 'crush' on each other. I wouldn't have let the world know I had a 'major crush' on you. I'm not afraid to tell the world I'm so in love with you. The ONLY reason I am currently holding back is because I love Justin's idea of acting like we used to around Jimmy, and then some. He deserves to know about us from us himself, not on the internet or on tv. I also highly appreciate you looking out for Cleo. I know the more we go out with her, the more she'll see it's not super bad and her nervousness about it will go away." He explained.

Sure, Jen was THE Jennifer Aniston. There's no doubt a relationship with her would be plastered everywhere, with people making up complete and utter bullshit and lies to sell magazines. ESPECIALLY a relationship with HIM of all people.

He wanted to ease themselves into this for Cleo's sake, too. Cleo more than approved of the relationship, but since Jen was a big name, he knew it wasn't going to be all rainbows and butterflies.