Chapter 19

A/N remember what I said about this having two chapters last chapter? Kinda lied. There is now officially two chapters left! Have not decided on if I wanted to do an epilogue yet, who knows!

A few weeks had passed since that night. David hadn't given Jen the ring yet, nor did he tell her about what Cleo had done.

Jen decided to go visit David's parents one Saturday afternoon. He wasn't in town anymore, but she wanted to make up for lost time with them by paying them a visit, seeing if they needed anything picked up, etc.

"Arlene, are you sure you don't need anything?" Jen asked. Arlene smiled and nodded. "I'm absolutely sure."

"Hey mom! We're back!" They heard a woman's voice say.

Jen turned as she and Arlene heard footsteps getting closer. Jen felt herself get a bit nervous again and took a deep breath.

A few seconds later, David's father Arthur and sister Ellie came in.

Ellie froze in her tracks as she saw Jen standing there. Her eyes widened a bit.

"Well, I didn't expect YOU to be here." Ellie said after a couple of seconds. Jen felt herself blush. "Yeah, well I just thought I'd come by to see if your parents needed anything. I'm trying to not be a stranger anymore. Since Schwim and I are back on track, and since your parents DON'T hate me, I want to be a better person who isn't a coward."

Ellie did her best to try holding back a laugh as Jen spoke.

Jen just furrowed her brow.

"So you and my brother are NOT on a break?" Ellie asked with the stupidest grin. Jen pointed to Ellie "Ay, there's the joke! Nah, he and I are on great terms. Thank goodness. I missed him a lot." Jen admitted, a soft sigh escaping her lips.

Ellie walked over to Jen and hugged the woman tightly. "I missed you, sis." Ellie whispered softly as her and Jen hugged.

Jen did her best to hold back her tears.

"I missed you, too." She whispered while choking a sob back.

They all found themselves at the kitchen table, laughing and talking about life about 10 minutes later.

"You know, I love Zoë. She seemed to really love my brother. However, whenever I was around them, something about it felt... off? Sure, age gap, But they seemed to love each other, but I could also still sense the sadness in my brother of not having you in his life anymore." Ellie admitted.

Arlene nodded her head in agreement. Then she sighed sadly "He even admitted to me that he wished Jen was still in his life back then. Nothing hurt more than having to walk away from work after it was done and say goodbye to the best thing he ever had."

Jen felt her heart break as she listened to Ellie and Arlene.

"I am going to make sure that never happens again. I love David. I love him with every fiber of my being. Knowing life brought us back here, knowing we are together now, I'm not -"

"Wait hold on...together? YOU AND MY BROTHER? FINALLY?" Ellie said, the most shocked expression filled her face.

Jen looked at Ellie a bit shocked "He hasn't told you?" She asked. Ellie took her phone out and immediately began to call someone.

"Hey sis, what's up?" They heard David say as he answered. Jen immediately smiled but stayed quiet as best as she could.

"YOU AND JENNIFER JOANNA ANISTON IS WHAT'S UP APPARENTLY?!?!" Ellie shouted excitedly. David just laughed at his sister's enthusiasm "I suppose she's there? Or was?" He asked, not even really needing to ask, he could just sense her.