Chapter 5

MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY HOLIDAYS JENVID FANS! Of course I'm gonna post a chapter on Christmas 🥰 ily. Ty for reading this odd story. This might actually be a bit longer than AH. I am almost done chapter 7 as I post this, and it's not really near the end like I thought. I kept getting ideas and keep adding to it 🤣

They laid in bed, both naked, breathing still heavy, staring at the ceiling. Taking in the last hour or so that they had been up in Jen's room. After a minute, David looked over at Jen who was sweaty and flushed, but god she was a goddess. She could feel his eyes on her, which just made her blush more, it caused him to laugh a little.

"What?" She asked as she finally looked over at him, a sheepish smile forming on her face, still panting trying to catch her breath. Still trying to process that THAT had just happened between them. He pulled her into him and kissed her head. "You're beautiful, that was absolutely amazing and I feel like I'm dreaming."

She couldn't stop herself from smiling at the man. "That was more than worth the nearly 30 year wait." she felt his chest fall and rise against her arm as he chuckled and nodded. He gently let his fingertips glide over her spine, which sent shivers down her back.

"If you were to tell me back at the Jimmy Burrows tribute that in about 4 years time we would be in bed together like THIS after 27 years, I would not believe you." David motioned his finger between them before he looked over at Jen again. She leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Well, at least we didn't break any contracts!" That caused them to both laugh.

"I don't know why I thought that joke would be funny given the fact that my marriage just ended and yours was ending. Of course people would have immediately assumed WE broke said contract. I'm sorry about that joke and anything that might have come out of that that wasn't so pleasant, by the way." David said apologetically.

Jen kissed his lips softly. "You're forgiven. Justin just shrugged it off as a 'well that was 20 years ago. Whether that was you or anyone else from the show.' Sort of thing. I stopped reading tabloids years ago because of how toxic it is. It's nobody's business what I do, who I do, when I do it or anything. On the other hand, people love when I'm happy. I like to think I'm the happiest I've ever been over the course of the last 2 years. I've certainly done the most healing I have ever done in recent memory."

David smiled, then leaned over and kissed her again. If he was being honest, he was doing his best to not be emotional by distracting himself and kissing her instead. Knowing HE was the one to still make her smile, laugh, just genuinely feel happy, made him feel like he accomplished all of his greatest goals.

When they pulled away, David looked toward the door. "I should probably get my bag. Or clothes for tomorrow. Did you want a bottle of water while I'm up?" he asked softly. Jen thought for a second before nodding. "At this rate, I would just grab your bag. Yes please!" she smirked naughtily at him, which drove David a bit wild. He got up, grabbed his boxers from the floor and ran out of the room after putting them on.

He returned a few seconds later, tossing his bag in then disappearing again. Jen just laid there looking toward the door, waiting for his return and laughed as she watched the man disappear. When he returned this time, he carried two bottles of water in his hands. He laid one on his night table, while passing her the other.

"Well thank you!" she said happily before taking a sip, then placing it on her night table. David smiled back, then stripped the boxers off again and climbed back in bed next to her. They talked for a while before they started kissing, getting worked up and making love again before finally falling asleep in each other's arms. Smiles plastered on both of their faces.

The next morning, David woke up, but didn't open his eyes right away. He turned over, and tried to reach for the body that was in his arms when he fell asleep last night.