Chapter 7

I'm flabbergasted. His wolf can talk? His wolf can talk to me? Wait a minutes what is this? Is this a trick? A game? My mind is going a million miles an hour.

"Everything okay darling?" His deep voice says which snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I was just thinking."

I wonder if his wolf will let me touch his face? Will his wolf let me touch him at all? I take my chance and reach out to rub my thumb on his cheek. An unusual sound comes out of his throat. Something like a purr. "Don't stop." So I don't. I rub my thumb over his face until his eyes switch back. I retract my hand fast. I know Rhemington didn't want touched. His eyes just stare at me. I couldn't keep eye contact with him and rolled over, keeping some space between us. My thoughts going back to a million miles an hour.

I hear some light snoring and slowly crawl out of bed and put a shirt on. I didn't want to sleep with him right now. I needed some air. I needed space to process all of this. Is this what I wanted? I was suppose to go to college and live my best life. Not whatever this is.

I walk outside and look at the trees. This is his home and I don't think I belong. I'm a human. These  are four legged creatures. With sharp teeth and strong jaws. I'm a human with two legs and teeth to eat cooked food not raw deer. A sound of a tree branch snaps me out of my thoughts and Red eyes are staring at me. The wolf comes out of the woods. He gets nose to nose with me and growls.

"I could kill you right now. Rip your little human throat out. But I'm not. I'm going to give you a slow death. I'm going to hurt Rhemington just like he hurt me. In fact he made me this little girl; So you tell him that I will be watching you. I will be watching y'all and when- when he least he expects it I will kill you and kill him."

I scream. I scream louder than anything, right in that wolf'a face. As fast as Mars, Lexus, Summer, and Rhemington are outside he is gone.

Summer is holding me while Mars and Lex is running towards the trees. Summer is checking me throughly and Rhemington is huffing and puffing. He looks at me and I bow my head. I know I'm in trouble.

"Quinn inside now." I break free from Summers  grasp. And follow Rhemington inside. His eyes are black and staring me down.

"I'm sorry Rhemington."

He rips my shirt off  and throws his shirt on my body. "I can't fucking stand that smell; fucking Rogues. You smell of them and you shouldn't." 

He checks me throughly even though his sister did a pretty damn good job of it. "Are you okay? What did they want?"

"I'm fine, Rhemington. There was only one. And he wanted to rip out my human throat."

He punches the wall. "They won't fucking touch you. I will kill them all. I will break there limbs one by one." I put my hand on his chest . It's not Rhemington that's talking to me. It's AK. He grabs me in a hug and purrs. "They won't touch you princess." My feet are off the ground. "Let's go to bed." That night AK holds me tighter than I've ever been held. I just wish it was Rhemington...