Not stag after all - Chapter EIGHT

HEY GUYS! IT'S ME! I KNOW I ONLY BRIEFLY STATED THIS WAS GOING TO BE A BIT OF A SLOW BURN. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT IT IS A SLOW BURN, BUT TRUST ME IT GETS SUPER ,SUPER GOOD! PLEASE KEEP READING, VOTING AND LEAVING COMMENTS, IT MEANS A LOT TO ME TO SEE HOW GUYS ARE LIKING THIS BOOK AND I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS ON THE MATTER TOO! OK GET BACK TO READING, I LOVE YOU! 

The next morning, the air felt brisk as it blew in the breeze, passing through the gaps of the window placed next to Rosabelle's bed. She woke up from the cold air touching her bare shoulders, and she pulled her covers up right to her face. She laid in bed for a few more moments until she built up the courage to open her eyes. The winter sun shot sun rays directly over her eyes, enhancing the beautiful emerald green they already were. She shifted her glance to the lake outside her window, and noticed the edges beginning to freeze. Winter had officially began. 

Rosabelle sat up in her warm bed, covering her shoulders with her hands. She tucked her hair behind her ear and looked over at Parvati who was fast asleep. She then peered over to Hermione, who laid awake in her bed, staying still.

"Morning Mione..." Rosabelle said before yawning. 

Hermione sat up, eyes puffy and all, "Morning..." 

As the morning grew closer to afternoon, the two girls prepped themselves for the cold winter day. It was the perfect day to study, except not for Parvati. 

"I'm going down to get some food, want me to bring you two a roll?" Parvati asked. 

Rosabelle looked at her with the puppy eyes and adorement, "Oh, would you please? Thank you..." 

Parvati nodded and left the dormitory, leaving Hermione and Rosabelle to themselves. Hermione and Rosabelle sat on their beds with their books open. Rosabelle had finished basically all of her study. She decided to rip out a page from her diary and began writing. 

Dear Mum, 

I hope you are well. It's very cold here at Hogwarts. Everyone is alright, Hermione and I are taking some time to study, using the weather to our advantage. It hasn't snowed, but I believe it will soon enough. As you would have heard, Harry did extremely well in his first task. I was a bit nervous for him and it's safe to say I know everything there is to know about dragon's now from all the reading I have done. I know it's a little selfish considering the fact I'm not a participant in the tournament, but I'm very nervous for the next task. I'm going to read as much as I can about it to help Harry out as best as I can.  Oh, and I know I told you about the Yule Ball last week, but I only got the chance to read your letter about a dress last night. I'm sure you have picked the perfect one. Hermione's dress looks gorgeous, too! By the time you are reading this, I probably would have already written a letter telling you how much I love the dress you have sent me. I expect it will be arriving soon. The Ball is a week away exactly. I still have no date... but I'm perfectly ok with that. I feel as though it's a power statement, basically saying "yes I have no date, so what? I'm a strong, independent young women who doesn't need a man!" Those exact words probably won't enter everyone's minds, but a girl can only dream. Speaking of the dance, next week is the Lunar Eclipse! You know it's one of my favourite things. I will definitely have to sneak out of the dance and take a look at it, atleast for a little while. Christmas is also almost upon us... and I think I found you the perfect gift. I know that you have to travel, but I'll give it to you somehow. Christmas without you will feel so strange, but atleast we can always look forward to next year. Anyways, I better get back to my studying. I miss you more than words can explain. I love you to the moon and back. Kisses.