The Second Task - Chapter SIXTEEN

I GOT INSPIRED TO USE A LITTLE SCENE FROM SEX EDUCATION! LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS IF YOU KNOW WHAT PART IT IS XX :)) TW - THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS CONTENT DISCUSSING ALCOHOL

The day had come. It was the second task of the triwizard tournament. But first, the previous day should be explained. 

10 HOURS AGO

Rosabelle, Ron, Hermione, Neville and Harry all sat in the library trying to prepare Harry for the second task. They figured out that it was something to do with the Black Lake and being underwater for a period of time. As everyone sat brainstorming, Neville was called out of the library.

"Well, if Neville is giving you Gillyweed, then all you can do now is get some rest. I don't see how else you can prepare yourself for tomorrow." Rosabelle said. "Maybe practice some underwater spells, but other than that I think you will be fine." 

Once Rosabelle finished speaking, Neville came back into the library and said, "Guys... Hermione, Rosabelle, you two Ron... Dumbledore wants to see you in his office." 

Hermione looked perplexed and slowly stood up as well as Rosabelle and Ron. 

"We will see you soon Harry. Good luck." Hermione said. 

"Good luck!" Rosabelle and Ron said simultaneously.

The three of them walked out of the library and made their way to the Headmasters Office. 

"What could we possibly be going to his office for?" Hermione asked. 

"It's not like we've been upto anything." Ron said.

"Maybe he's asking us if Harry is alright..." Rosabelle suggested. 

"Well I guess we are about to find out." Hermione said. 

The three of them stood out the front of his office when the huge golden doors opened. They entered the office to see a high ceiling chandelier light and a beautifully detailed, wooden desk. Sitting around the desk was Fleur Delacour's little sister and next to her was 4 empty chairs. Sitting behind the desk was Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall and Snape. 

"Welcome... please take a seat." Dumbledore said. 

The three of them did just that. They nervously sat in the empty chairs across from Dumbledore.

"Is something wrong, Headmaster?" Hermione asked curiously. 

"Oh, no. Everything is fine Ms Granger. You are here today to assist with tomorrows task." Dumbledore responded. "Professor Snape, if you will..."

"For the second task... there must be a trophy for each champion. You four, are the trophies. We have taken the most important student here at Hogwarts to each contestant. Gabrielle... you are Fleur's, Weasley... you are Harry's, Hermione... you are Viktor Krum's and Rosabelle... you are Cedric's as Cho Chang is away attending a family event." Snape said. "For this task, we will be enchanting you four and putting you at the bottom of the Black Lake. The contestants will untie you from the bottom and then bring you to the surface." 

The four of them all looked at each other with pure concern on their faces. 

"We would like to assure you that this is perfectly safe and it is impossible for any of you to drown or be at risk." Professor McGonagall said calmly. "Do we have your permission to do so?"