The Yule Ball - Chapter ELEVEN

Rosabelle woke up and looked straight at the clock. The time read 9:30am. She smiled and ran over to Hermione's bed. She jumped up and down on it like a little girl on Christmas.

"Hermione! Parvati! It's Ball day!" She cried with laughter.

Hermione sat up rubbing her eyes, "Alright, I'm up!"

"Me too..." Parvati said muffled as her head was stuffed in her pillow.

Rosabelle apologised, "Sorry guys... I'm just excited. I can't wait to see what the Great Hall will look like... and I can't wait to see Harry do his dance... and I can't wait for the band... and-"

"We get it, you're excited... now please, let a woman sleep!" Parvati said.

Rosabelle giggled. She went over to her window and looked outside.

"Oh my God... it snowed!" Rosabelle yelled with joy.

Hermione and Parvati jumped out of bed and ran to the window. Their faces lit up as they watched the snow fall from the sky.

"It really is Christmas season..." Hermione giggled.

Christmas time at Hogwarts was a whole other category of magic. The way the snow fell so slowly, and it landed so perfectly. How the lights of the castle decorations lifted your spirits. Each corner you turned, someone was creating mistletoes for people to kiss under. It was truly filled with Christmas spirit.

"This is too good, I'm going downstairs to get some hot chocolate for us, I'll be back!" Rosabelle smiled as she ran downstairs in her matching set pyjamas. She filled up three mugs with hot chocolate and placed 2 marshmellos in each mug. She swiftly and carefully carried the hot chocolates back upstairs to their dorm.

"Here you are..." Rosabelle said as she handed the two girls their drinks.

"Thanks, Rosie." Hermione smiled.

"Yes! You put marshmellos in! Thanks Rosie" Parvati laughed.

The three of them admired the fresh layer of snow on the surfaced ground and how it framed the mountains so beautifully.

"Do you think the boys are nervous for tonight like we are?" Parvati asked curiously.

Hermione giggled, "Definitely, Harry and Ron caught Neville ballroom dancing on his own the other day. Apparently he is quite talanted, though."

"Very dedicated boy..." Rosabelle added.

As time passed by and a few other girls from their year came in and out of their dorm to discuss hair and makeup details, Rosabelle jumped in the shower before she started worrying about hair and makeup. She made sure to scrub every part of her body, atleast twice. The warm water was so difficult to turn off, but she had to get out at some point or she wouldn't make it to the Ball. She changed into a lounge robe and twisted her wet hair into a towel.

"Where should we start?" Hermione asked. "Makeup? Or hair?"

"Good question. Maybe blow dry our hair first, then do our makeup, then style our hair, then get changed." Rosabelle answered.

"Sounds excellent!" Hermione smiled.

The two of them sat at the small vanity mirrors they had created the previous week in preparation for getting ready. They blow dried their hair until it was completely dry. The next step was makeup. Rosabelle applied her base makeup, keeping it natural but also glamorous. She began doing her eyeshadow. She added a light brown to her upper eyelid and added silver, glitter shadow for the cut crease, to match the silver sparkled details on her dress. Of course she curled her lashes and made them look unreal with her mascara trick and thin eyeliner flick. For her lips, she added a brown and pink lip liner and lined her lips slightly and filled them in using the liners. Then she put a glossy balm on her lips. She quickly added some highlighter to the tip of her nose, upper cheek bones and her collarbones.