Chapter nineteen! The Prank call of Fate

About a week later I was released from the hospital. Harry and I were back together and I had demanded that Harry and I go back to L.A. Paul didn't argue, just told us to hurry back. I had heard all about how Stephanie had been missing and then I broke down crying. I told them all about my near death experience and how Stephanie had been there for me and how it was all thanks to her that I was there with them now. I told them every word she had said. Everyone shed tears. And that was why Paul was so accepting of Harry and me going back to L.A. with my mom and Dad. I had really bonded with my birth father and I swore that I would come to his wedding and he swore to do after I was completely better, he also said he would be calling me every day to check in. Poor Harry even got drilled by all three of my parents; we all made fun of him as he was dragged away, literally, by my mother. It turns out Harry was the one who had called and brought me here and that he hadn't left my side at all.

At first some of them we skeptic about my near death experience but after I said that I had called Harry and got his voice mail and Harry had the exact voice mail, no one could argue it. Eleanor, Danielle, Morgan, and Emma said that I'd have to go shopping with them when I come back to Utah since they would be there till I got back; they even delayed the tour because of it. The guys said that we'd all have a movie night and hang out when Harry and I got back.

Right now I'm on the plane headed back to L.A. to keep my sisters wish and my promise. When we landed Harry took my hand, I had a broken leg and a fractured arm. It had been a lot worse but it was for the most part healed. My family drove us to our house and that night Harry, my mom, dad, Daphne, a couple cops, and I all made our way to where Stephanie had told me she was buried. The cops didn't believe me either but we proved it to them like we did to everyone else; the voicemail. I led them to the tree; the whole way there I would see glimpses of my sister. It was normal to see these things after a near death experience, it is said that it could tap you over to the paranormal side more and I never doubted that stuff existed which I figured why I wasn't scared now. I'm not saying I see ghosts, I just made a promise to a dead person I loved and so now she wanted to help me make sure I kept it. Once we made it to the tree I told them how far down to dig and what spot to dig in. There laid her body, battered, beat, and bruised. We all cried a bit, but no one as much as Daphne. After all that was her twin sister, her best friend, her other half; she was missing a part of herself that she could never get back. I held her as best as I could while she cried and I consoled her.

"Shh Daphne, it's okay. You'll always have me here and Addison. We'll always be here. So will mom and dad, you are never alone." I took her hand and lifted it up.

"You have me, mom, dad, Addison, and all of your other friends there for you. Whenever you are scared we'll be there, even if we're not in person we will always be by your side and encouraging you to do what you believe is right. We all love you." I said and she clung to me tighter crying out how sorry she was and how she was going to change no matter what it took. One of the cops took her body to the morgue and my family went home. Harry and I went with the other guy and took him into the jail house. They would question him and if there was anything on Stephanie's body that had to do with him then they could haul him off especially since he has five other charges of rape and battery. Harry and I walked home from the police station hand-in-hand. We stopped in the ice cream place and they had mine ready, just not Harry's since it was his first visit. I had so much fun with it being just the two of us.

"Hey Harry," I said and he turned towards me. I slammed my ice cream on his nose and snapped a picture. Even the employees were laughing.

"That's glorious! It's so my new screensaver." I said and set it. I clicked the button and the lock screen lit up, Harry laughed at himself before doing the same to me and taking a picture, the old group photo was our second screensavers.

"Their we're even now." He said and I laughed. We cleaned up our faces and walked back towards my house again. As we walked Harry tugged me over to the water.

"You know, it wasn't even that long ago that we were strangers and you prank called me, then we met at the concert in person, then we were next to each other asleep on the floor. Then we had our first kiss. Then we were in a room together just sleeping and nothing more, and then a date. And then we were dating, and then split up and nearly torn apart forever, and now here we are; together and stronger than ever." Harry said and wrapped his arms around me, careful not to hurt me. "And I can't ever see my life without you." He whispered and I blushed and nodded in agreement.

"I can't see my life without you either Harry, I'm glad that I let loose and prank called someone because if I hadn't I never would've met you." I said with tears in my eyes. He smiled ten times brighter and my blush got ten times darker.

"I'll always be by your side." He said.

"I want you to be." I said back. He leaned down and lightly kissed me.

"I'm never leaving you, or breaking your rules because..." He trailed off on the end.

"Because why Harry?" I asked him. He looked embarrassed before he leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Because one day I plan on marrying you Erika Rain Grey." He said before kissing me. I kissed back, tears of joy in my eyes. We maybe only eighteen but after everything we had been through together we know that we were made for each other and weren't ever planning on leaving each other. We were soul mates, you could ask anyone, there was no one more perfect for Harry than me, and no one was more perfect for me than Harry.

"I can't wait."