Chapter 2: The Alicization Project (Rewritten)

12:00 am. June 28, 2026 Japan
No one's Pov

Since the attack happened. Koharu called the authorities in which Johnny Black was arrested and Alex was rushed to the hospital.

Now Koharu was waiting outside of the operating room gripping onto her ring. She was Worried for Alex's life then Alex's mom with Yuuki arrived and saw Koharu.

Koharu: Mrs. Arch, Yuuki...

As time passed on till it reach to 5am, the operations sign' lights turned off as the operation was over. The doctor said to the three, Alex's condition was stabilize and given that's he in no danger.

His heart stopped for 5 minutes and his brain taken damage, which it's either mental or physical probably even both, made him gone into a coma. It's unknown that he would may or may not wake up.

As the doctor asked for Mrs. Arch to sign paper work for Alex to be treated to a better facility, Kikuoka later came to the hospital and walked up to Koharu and Yuuki.

Koharu: Kikuoka?

Kikuoka: Koharu. Yuuki, Can you tell me where your mother is?

(A/N) Tribute to SAO ARS that became Unleash Blading and now it's shutting down :Play the intro

Timeskip

Kikuoka told Mrs. Arch that there's one faculty that could treat Alex in which she agreed to it. After the next day Yuuki, Koharu, Shino and Suguha went to visit Alex on the hospital where he was transported, they then heard he wasn't there.

Everyone then logged into ALO that they heard the news what happened and Since the four girls tried to visit Alex, they've became wary of suspecting the case behind Alex's disappearance.

Rain: Also, Seven hasn't been in contact with me since today or logged in with us but she'd left a letter for me, which I should share with all of you.

Rain: It says I gone to where you could find Alex but you're going to need help by someone affiliated with it.

Yuuki: Someone that could help... Wait I remember Alex has other family I think she could help.

Yuuki explained to everyone ever since she was adopted into the Arch family, she was told of her step parent's family side one of which is her step Mother's sister, Rinko Kojro which she'd was put in contact with Alex since 2025.

Yuuki: Now I going to get in contact with her to hear what's her response.

Meanwhile at American California Rinko Kojro was at her Computer going through her emails of receiving Kikuoka's email and getting a new one from Yuuki Arch Konno, which as she reads it then she replies back to Yuuki of what she read about Yuuki's reason why she'd contact her and the news of Alex's condition and his disappearance.

Timeskip

A helicopter was flying over the Pacific ocean where it arrived at a Pyramidal platform base.

Pilot: We're arriving at the Ocean Turtle.

As the helicopter landed Rinko and silver haired woman with her, went through many security checks as they reached to a room with a large screen.

Kikuoka welcomed Rinko and met Higa. As Kikuoka were about to question Rinko who she is with, Koharu then revealed herself and Rinko explained everything to Kikuoka.

Koharu: Where is Alex!?

Kikuoka remained silent which upsets Koharu as Rinko puts a hand on her shoulder telling her she'll handle it.

Rinko: If you're not going to answer her, then you should answer to me, if you would want my cooperation. So I'm going to say this once and only once, Where is my nephew!?

Kikuoka explained everything on what Alex's damaged brain has gone through and could be treated by using the soul translator, which would create a new neural link for him which will take some time.

Koharu then believes Kikuoka, and he tells more to Koharu and Rinko that the purpose of the STL and the project objective was to create a bottom up, general artificial intelligence.
By replicating a human soul, then they were shown of a demonstration which end quite quickly.

Kikuoka then tells more about that they used 10 souls and raised them in a world which of using the world seed, To build into a proposing society in that world which the population increases rapidly of 20,000.

After Kikuoka was done explaining Koharu and Rinko was able to see Alex. While seeing Alex, Koharu meets Aki who was here at the Ocean Turtle, Aki explains to her of being an actual nurse which she graduated from the TSDF higher school of nursing.

Aki: I am sergeant first class Aki Natsuki. As I'm on duty here, I swear I'll protect Arch and his penis.

Koharu's and Rinko's faces were disturb by Aki's comment

Aki: That was a joke.

After that Koharu logged into ALO of telling about Alex being alright and tells about the underworld to everyone. Also she tells them about a girl name Alice that broke the taboo index.

Timeskip

The next day Koharu and Rinko were having breakfast as they see a ship in a distance, then someone came to their table.

???: Rinko it's been a awhile– Koharu?! What are doing here?

Koharu: Mr. Arch? Why are you here?

Jack Arch: Well since I heard what happened to Alex, Kikuoka contacted me saying that I'm being transferred. But didn't know that I'd would be station where my son is being treated.
So you came all this way to find him?

Koharu: Yes and I had some help getting here?

Alex's Dad looked at Rinko and he sees the dots connected.

Jack Arch: Ah, now I see.

Koharu: Uh sir have you told where Alex is to his mom?

Jack Arch: Oh No, she'll kill me and Kikuoka for lying this from her. And you don't want to see her that way.

Rinko: Ah that's sound like Sorako alright, it's been a long time she worked with you up in the skies.

Koharu: Wait Alex's mother was in the air force with his dad?

Jack Arch: Yes she was, we flew together she and I watch each other's back during air battles on the last war which involves of a submarine that launched fighter aircraft.

She even punched a superior officer that turns out to be a spy for the enemy, but that's for a later time since after the war she'd retired. We've got married and had Alex which she watched over him then later gotten a job in civilian life.

Rinko: Well that's a nice story Jack, you told to us. But can you tell us what ship is that?

Lt. Col, Arch took out his binoculars and look at the ship.

Jack Arch: That's one of ours, A escort ship, the :Asahi. And it's being off course I should radio it in, I don't know why he want a fighter pilot, like me station here even if I had my FB-22 parked here. Anyways excuse me we'll talk later.

Jack Arch left to radio Kikuoka about the escort ship. But unknown to the people of the Ocean Turtle something is about to come.

End of Chapter 2