Chapter 23: Meltdown Imminent And One Last Act From Him

Ocean Turtle July 7, 2026
No one's Pov

At the Ocean Turtle, Rinko was monitoring the screen as it was in it's countdown for the acceleration rate that'll lock Alex and Koharu inside them inside the underworld if they don't log out. Until she noticed the Lightcube ejection port have came, as she took it and tells Koharu.

Rinko: Koharu. Alice has been safely ejected. Now it's just you and Alex. Hurry!

Koharu: I'm sorry, Ms. Rinko. I'm... Going to stay with Alex.

Rinko: Wh–What are you...

Koharu: Please take care of Alice. She's a kind person, full of so much love and is loved by so many people.
For the sake of all the souls who are gone now, and for Alex's sake as well.
Please don't let the military use Alice no matter of what purpose. And tell everyone of my friends that I said I'm sorry. Tell them I say thank you and farewell.

Once Koharu said that, the countdown ended and the system initiated the alteration rate which begins the 200 years in the underworld. After Alice has been secured, Jack came and report Rinko of what's happening.

Jack Arch: Rinko. Nakanishi and his men are in position by the bulkhead hatch. They're ready when you are.

Rinko: Alright let's begin, until Kikuoka and Higa are in position.

Kikuoka gave Rinko the signal as she opens the bulkhead lock. The attackers noticed the gate opened which they watch over the stairs.
But later eventually they now know that their captain is dead alongside Vassago who's known as POH is also dead.

With the mercs knowing that they failed they decided to rig the station to blow in their escape, when Rinko and Jack sees that the mercs are retreating and later felt shaking. Jack then noticed what that shaking was.

Jack Arch: Oh no, those mercs did it didn't they... That shaking was from the main core operating the main power.

Rinko: The main power are you meaning the

Jack Arch: It's the main engine or the reactor core. Which they rigged it to blow in their escape plan, probably due that they failed of getting Alice since we have her.

Jack pulled up a Camera feed as he was right.

Jack Arch: Look guess I was right. They planted a explosive charge on it, if it blows this station is likely going to be part of the worst nuclear disasters.

Rinko: Isn't there a way to stop it?

Jack Arch: No I don't think there's a way to contain the situation once it blows. Guess I have to stop the count down myself, guessing we have five or ten minutes left.

Rinko: But Jack the room's temperature inside the core room.

Jack Arch: Yeah I know I would be cooked alive, if there's a radiation suit. And if I don't make it tell Sora, I'm sorry of keeping her of where Alex is alongside where I'm stationed here.

Jack ran to the reactor core is as Rinko have no choice to have faith in him.
As he arrived there he gotten engaged by a Merc who stayed behind to make sure the explosive sees to it's detonation.

Jack was pinned down in cover as when he found the chance his enemy is reloading he returns fire. Jack and the Merc did this for 15 secs which they're at a standstill, until jack noticed a robot walking around as he was confused.

Rinko and other scientists were watching the Camera feed as they were confused why it's there, until a voice was heard.

???: Rinko.

Rinko: Akihiko? I–Is that you?

The bot blocked it self as the Merc fired all of his rounds onto it and then reloads.