Chapter 17: The Fox Goddess Of Prosperity Arrives

No one's Pov

After Alice made her declaration of being the Preistess of Light.

Alice is with Bercouli as they look at the dark Territory forces from afar while their armies retreat to the south.

Bercouli: The Dark God Vecta sure seems obsessed with you. He's planning to come after you with his entire army.

Alice: I suppose we should be happy about that. It's better than being ignored, at least.

Bercouli: So about our strategy of going forward... The raid unit and I will keep leading the enemy away and reduce their force's numbers. Does that sound right to you?

Alice: Yes. We've already took out half of the invading forces, which leaves only the enemy's main force of the dark knights and the pugilists.
If we can wear them down to a certain point and then defeat the dark god Vecta,
It's highly likely that the remaining enemies will be open to a truce.

Bercouli: The problem is, who will be leading the enemy when that happens?
If only that Shasta kid were alive.

Alice: Uncle, you think the dark general is already dead?

Bercouli: Yes, I can't feel his presence in the main enemy force. I did have a feeling that maybe...

Renly then came and gave his report to Bercouli of the ambush site in the south, as Bercouli tells Renly to have his dragon fed and rested.

Bercouli smiles looking at Renly as Alice and Bercouli talked about the process of becoming a integrity knight, given of stripping away of an identity and of no ageing.

Alice: Well I don't believe that having your memory alters and your life frozen is the only way to become an integrity knight, uncle.
Even if we no longer be in this world, our souls... Our purpose will be inherited by the new generation of those who come after us. That's what I believe.

After a short moment of silence, it was then broken when the dark knights and pugilists charge.
Sheyta volunteers herself to fight the pugilists as Bercouli and Alice head to the ambush point to handle the dark knights.

Timeskip

At the Shrublands the supply corps were stationed far from the frontlines, as guards that were supposed to patrol the woods for any engines that could attack them ended up missing mysteriously.

Ronye leaves the supply wagon where Monarch is in as she went for a walk, until she noticed someone behind her which she draws her new katana and points it from behind.

Ronye looks to see who's the one behind her which is a man, Ronie then reposition her grip on her sword.

???: Hey, baby. How's you spot me?

Ronye: I was trained by the best. My mentor taught me not to rely on my eyes, but to feel with my entire being.

???: M-Mentor, did you say?

Ronye scream out from the top of her lungs of an enemy attack, that Tiese and more guards come to Ronie's position.

But then the man smiles menacingly as he raised his arm up in the air.

???: Time to get to work you guys!

Dark knights came out of the tree lines as Ronye, Tiese and the guards were shocked of the numbers of dark knights that are in front of them.

Ronye was pinned down by the man and was about to be killed until suddenly, a bright light from a feminine figure with 9 fox tails was levitating on the night sky. Infront of the bright moon and emitting a aurora borealis behind her.