Chapter 16: The Preistess of Light Has Been Witnessed

No one's Pov

With the Eastern Gate collapsed the battle commence as both human and dark Territory forces attack each other.

The knights putted up a good fight against the first wave but the mountain goblins slipped pass Eldrie's group with smoke grenades.

Human and dark Territory forces both received heavy losses as they traded blows which resulted them losing soldiers left and right.

Eydis's vanguard group had to fill in and cover for Renly's group of their position as he was nowhere seen. Eydis also set off on her own with her dragon to deal a enemy garrison that the enemies could use for the caves in the south.

Eydis stopped three dark knights that were on dragons which they tried to use the caves.

Dark knight#1: You dare threaten us all alone? You've got guts...

Eydis: I have a question. What happened to General Shasta? He leads your army, right?

Dark knight#1: Ex General Shasta has sinned. He attacked the Emperor and was struck back for it.

Eydis: Oh... Then what about Lipia? She never left Shasta's side.

Dark knight#1: Lipia... Oh! That girl!
She also sinned. Stole into the Emperor's quarters with a knife. She was executed, naturally.

The dark knights laugh at that comment, as the second dark knight answers next.

Dark knight#2: Filthy wench, she deserved death!

Eydis: That's enough...

Eydis draws her sword up to the air, drawing up umbral particles.

Eydis: This isn't revenge, exactly... But she did have her cute moments.

Dark knight#1: Huh? What are you saying...?

Eydis have her sword burst dark smoke which was different from her perfect weapon control variant, which caused the dark knights unable to see in the smoke as Eydis caught them surprise killing all of them.

Timeskip

Back at the battlefield Alice is collecting life forces from the dead of humans and dark Territory forces which she gathers to create a orb to hold all of the lives.

Meanwhile at a tent near a group of trees Tiese and Ronye found and use the tent for Monarch to be sheltered from the fighting, along for them to guard the entrance.

When the two girls entered the tent they found that they're not alone which they happen to find Renly.

Renly explain himself to the two girls that he ran away from his unit he was supposed to command, also he doesn't feel like to be called an integrity knight.

Tiese and Ronye introduced themselves to Renly and introduced him to Monarch as well.

Ronye asks Renly to help them to keep Monarch safe. Until they heard fighting outside which Tiese went to see through the tent of what's happening to later see a goblin slashed the entrance of the tent.

With Renly and the girls shocked of seeing the goblin, Tiese and Ronye were scared that they aren't able to draw their swords and same goes for Renly as well which he remembers his past that resulted of taking a life of his friend by accident.

Tiese with now drew her sword, but still being afraid she shivers of holding her sword straight as she points it to the approaching goblin.

Monarch hearing what's happening behind him, he use his left arm to put the ice rose sword on his lap as he slowly draws his Roar of lions silently without getting the goblin's attention by using the wheel of his wheelchair.

Renly noticed Monarch who's awake sees what he's trying to do.

Renly: Are you...

Renly's mind: Are you trying to save them?

Monarch who heard Renly speak but to went quiet short after he Whispers to him.

Monarch: (Whispers) What are you going to do? Are you going to let them be killed, I as well may not be in the position to fight but I have to at least do something. Now what's you choice are you going to fight or still hide yourself away?

Renly remembering what he did to his friend, his friend told him that he wants him to become a great knight. And to do it for his sake.

With Monarch fully drawn his sword he was about to throw his at the goblin, Renly getting his confidence up. He pulls out his knife and throws it at the goblin killing it.

Tiese, Ronye and Monarch seeing the goblin dead they look to see Renly, the girls thank him as Renly looks at Monarch which he smiling at him.

Monarch: You made a right choice, thank you.

Renly tells Tiese and Ronye to protect Monarch as he head outside and fight the goblins, also having him unlocking his perfect weapon control in the process when he killed the goblin's chieftain.

Timeskip

With Renly rejoining back to the frontlines, Minions were deployed but they were made short work by Bercouli with one air slash.
Alice gathered enough lives, she draws her sword and have all the omanthus flowers powered by the lives to become a laser that decimated the ogres and half of the dark mage units.

With Alice's attack kept the dark Territory at bay allowed the human empire forces to recover their soldiers.

Alice was then called The Priestess of Lights, from a Ogre chieftain that was slain by Alice. Which the chieftain was under orders by Emperor Vecta to capture Alice.

Later Alice have a talk with Bercouli and Fanatio about her being the priestess of light, Alice purposed of drawing Vecta's attention on Alice to go after her to the dark Territory allowing Bercouli taking out the remaining enemy forces.

Alice thinking on her plan haves her going to the world's end Altar given from what she heard from Eydis.
Bercouli agrees with Alice's plan but makes adjustments to it, is to have soldiers, monk units and the supply corps head south as a way to split the dark Territory forces and to destroy them.

While four elite knights act as a diversion for their retreating forces.
As Alice tries to intercept a death worm curse attack that went after a new target which the dark mages cast, Eldrie sacrifice himself by attracting the attention of the death worms to protect his allies in which he died.

Alice having Eldrie died on her arms, she went on a hell bent rampage on the dark mages killing all of them.
As Alice made a declaration to the dark Territory forces which Emperor Vecta was watching.

Alice: My name is Alice Zuberg! Integrity knight Synthesis Thirty! Messenger of the five gods who protect the Human Empire, the Priestess of light!
Let it be known that all those who stand before me will be vanquishes by my sacred authority!

End of Chapter 16