His Perfume

The sound of the alarm clock breaks the silence in the bedroom, causing me to wake up abruptly.

"Mhh" a soft moan comes out of my mouth as I reach out to turn it off.

I grab my phone and look at the time, only opening one eye.
It's eight-thirty in the morning.
I huff.

I'd still be in bed, enjoying the warmth of the blankets and Lulù who, curled up against my belly, is better than a heater. I pet him and gently move him to the other side so I can get up.
I remain sitting on the mattress while I drink from a small bottle of water resting on the nightstand.

I sip and think back to last night.
I think I woke up at least ten times during the whole sleep.
Obviously, because of nightmares related to the day before. I wish I could get a good night's sleep at least once, just once, I'm not asking for much...am I?

I check my phone and open the only message I've received in the night.
It's from Cleo.

"We informed Thomas about the events of yesterday. At first he cried, he was very hurt, of course. But you were right about one thing. As soon as we told him about the flash drive and Hannah's video, paradoxically, he recovered and was... happy! He confessed to us that he had lost all hope of ever seeing her again, alive. Now he is in a state of total agitation and eagerness to continue the search and save her!!🙂 "

I smile. This is great news.
We need to stay united and motivated.

"Thank you Cleo, sorry I only just read your message. I'm so glad He didn't let it get him down."

I close the app and get out of bed

After a stop at the bathroom, I head out to the fridge.
I prepare a milk and cereal for breakfast.

I eat standing up, leaning against the counter, while I think about the things to do today, counting them on my fingers:

First I have to pack my bags, get Jake's car, get home and leave for Duskwood...

I have to hurry.
This is going to be a pretty busy day too.

I finish the bowl in a few spoonfuls, wash it, and put it back in the dish rack above the sink.

I go to my room and pull my suitcase out from under the bed. I take the biggest one I have, since I don't know how long I'll be gone.

Then I think about Lulu, I have decided to leave him at my parents' house who live two houses away from mine. It breaks my heart to have to part with him, even if I hope for a short time.
I don't know how big the Aurora's room is, but he would suffer too much being locked up H24, after he's used to running around the block whenever he feels like it. Besides, Lulu loves to play with my mom's cats, so he won't miss me too much in this short time of separation.
I hope.

I gather up my clothes, shoes, underwear, bags and accessories, then lay them down in the large suitcase. I headed for the bathroom and, after brushing my teeth, I gathered my shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, creams, makeup, hair dryer, straightener, etc...
I take everything to my room and look at the finished bag with satisfaction.
Only the computer is missing.
Or almost.