Firestorm.

🔞⚠️WARNING⚠️🔞

This chapter presents explicit adult content that is not appropriate for an underage audience.

It contains no information useful for plot development or continuation of the narrative, so totally skippable in case reading it causes you discomfort.

---------

We both laugh out loud, running at breakneck speed through the incessant rain, hand in hand. I can't take my eyes off Jake for a second, as we walk the few meters that separate us from the entrance of the house.

Even in profile, I can clearly make out all his happiness: it's so intense and radiant, evident in every line and feature of his face. Starting from the corners of his mouth pulled and contracted upwards into a beaming smile, as if the muscles of his face were paralyzed in that position, locked onto his cheekbones. Concluding with the eyes that seem to shine with their own light, full of vitality, appearing so large under the raised eyebrows.

We reach the porch, taking great care in climbing the wooden steps, made slippery by the wet. I untie the tangle of our fingers to retrieve the keys from my purse. I open the door and quickly go inside, closing it right after Jake has made his entrance. I realize only now, thanks to the change in temperature, how cold it was outside.

Hopefully we won't wake up in the morning with a cold. 

But even if we do, who cares, it was definitely worth it, or was it?

We stand for a few moments near the doorway, unsure of what to do. We immediately exchange a thoughtful glance: we are both totally soaked and drenched from head to toe, with copious drops of water dripping from our scattered clothes. We look at the huge puddle created under our feet and immediately burst into a laugh.

"Okay Jake, we better come up with a solution fast if we don't want to flood the whole apartment..." I comment, chuckling. I look around for a solution, trying to move as little as possible, so as not to get the living room even more wet and dirty.

"Uhm, I got it, let me deal with it." He gives me a fleeting wink and he prints a smirk on his face. In a split second, he removes his jacket, tossing it on the ground next to me. I stare at him in puzzlement, giving him a questioning look as he takes off his shoes and begins to undress.

I stare at him in astonishment, my mouth wide open, flaming up.

But what the...

Is he undressing? He wouldn't want me to do the same, would he?

In full embarrassment, I look at him from behind, as soon as he takes off his sweatshirt. He's left wearing only his jeans, made tight by the rain as if they were a second skin. I feel my cheeks go completely on fire as I stare at his bare chest.

I see him sprint across the hall, making a run for the bathroom. He returns after a few seconds, holding our two bathrobes, slippers and several towels in his hands. With a smile, he quickly hands me my things and lays the towels on the back of a lounge chair.

"Uhm, thanks." I mumble, giggling nervously as I clutch the robe in my arms.

"I'll turn on the fireplace in the meantime.... We'd better warm up a bit..." He mumbles shyly. He must have noticed my extreme embarrassment, as he blushes as well, conspicuously. He turns his back to me so as not to be seen, putting on his robe and taking off the only clothes he had left on. He tightens the belt on his hips, securing it along the loops of the robe so that he closes it as tightly as possible.