On the podium of the jealous.

Why did Phil come?
What is he planning to do?

He'd better stay out of it, since he's already been in enough danger and gone through too much trouble because of this whole thing.

I huff loudly, shaking my head as I watch their two come towards us. I turn my gaze to Jake and notice that he's already staring at me, with a contrite expression etched on his face. With my arms still folded, pinned under my chest, I walk over to him, positioning myself at his side.

"Ehy Hackerboy, don't make that long face, come on." Dan jokes, shrugging his shoulders and trying to dampen the sudden chill created in the room; albeit in the worst possible way, as per his usual.

Diplomacy isn't really his strong suit...
But that's nothing new.

Anyway, yes, we aren't happy to see him here. As for me, because he's been through so much that I'd rather he stay out of it, focusing on resting and recovering from his injury. While for Jake, well, it's pretty obvious why Phil's not someone he likes. I just hope they can put their disagreements aside and focus on what everyone cares about most, or rather say who: Hannah.

"Tsk!" Jake responds to Dan's taunt with a simple, annoyed exclamation, gritting his teeth and giving him an angry look.

As soon as Jessy and Phil make their entrance, also stopping in the doorway, I feel Jake grab me by the hips. He pushes my hip against his and then pulls me into a protective embrace.

Uhm,We didn't start out very well...
But that's okay.

"Excuse me..." Jessy's voice bursts into the room, breaking the reigning silence.

"Hi guys, please have a seat..." I try to act like nothing's wrong, flashing a wide smile at both and inviting them in. I almost don't have time to finish talking, that I find Jessy on me, as she encircles me in her usual constricting embrace.

"Hiii, it's always nice to see you!!" She pronounces aloud, snapping an affectionate kiss on my cheek. "You look great." She reaches up to my ear to whisper something, making it inaudible to others. "And you have quite a bit to tell me, such as what you're hiding under that scarf..." She snickers softly, giving me an allusive, mischievous look.

"Jessy!!!" I playfully react to her, blushing conspicuously from head to toe. I sigh deeply, trying to chase away the embarrassment as I reply that I'm happy to see her too.

However, she really doesn't miss a thing.

It's impossible to keep anything from Jessy Hawkins; no matter how hard you try, it's better to give up: it's a losing battle.

"Hi Jake!" Jessy shifts her gaze to his, sketching a knowing smile. She lowers her face to stare at Jake's fingers, clasped firmly around my hip. "Well, it's not like I'm going to steal her from you..."

Uhm, I don't think he's worried about you, Jessy.

But rather...

"Hi." Phil's voice brings me back to reality, as soon as Jessy breaks the embrace to make room for his brother. I see him lift his sunglasses and smile; His greeting is addressed to me but, yet, his blue eyes are fixed in Jake's.

There goes the clash between the two alpha males...

"Hi Phil, it's good to see you're doing well." I return the greeting as I watch him come towards me with open arms. He immediately pulls me into a hug, similar to the first one he gave me when we met at Aurora, which I so wanted to avoid; even considering I've Jake at my side, with his fingers on my hip. I feel them pressing against my flesh fiercely, like he's using it as a stress reliever to try and calm himself down.