15 ✧ 1978 Is A Romantic Year

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"What was that about?" Alexander asked, seated in front of Y/N in the carriage, their parents had chosen to stay at the Malfoy estate a little longer. "You just standing in the rain while crying your eyes out, as much as I may be an asshole I still care for you, so spill."

"Regulus." 

"I'll beat his ass." Alexander grumbled. 

"Please don't, he gave me the most mythical and ethereal letters, I didn't get the chance to read them all due to the rain but it was just so beautiful." Y/N smiled. Alexander looked outside the window and grinned to himself. His hands tracing the gold ridging across the carriage and its windows. 

"I'm glad... hey, Happy New Year." Alexander smiled, checking his wrist watch with the flick of his right wrist. 

"Happy New Year..." Y/N lazily smiled. "This year has been so... so... fictitious." She remarked, putting one of her legs onto the empty carriage space next to Alexander, slipping off the shoe and going to do the other one. Her cold hands rubbing against each other, still damp from her black gloves being drenched in rain water. 

"I think I really like Marlene." He blurted out, a dust of pink spreading across his S/C cheeks. "I know this is so random but I don't know what to do and since we're sharing I figured this would be the perfect time to tell you and ask you... what the actual fuck do I do?"

"You tell her." 

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Arriving home was always a morose affair, the black mansion with its decaying aura always made Y/N's hair stand on end. It was never truly home, rather a pit stop before going back to Hogwarts, her real home. The place she would spend the most amount of time, the place that held the people she came to love. 

It was magical, obviously, but not in the literal sense. It manufactured relations she never would have preconceived, ones she would have stuck her nose up at. To think she was friends with that ragtag gang. Although arriving back to the estate was an unfortunate interlude, she could suddenly see the beauty in the world, even the haunting presence of the house. 

It was like she could suddenly see new colours or see in outer space, like the world was no longer as dark, foreboding and unforgiving as she had previously seen it to be. She finally had opened her eyes to what society could be, living was so much easier with her eyes closed, if only she known that then. 

She pushed open the door to the carriage and walked herself to the front door, her eyes not breaking contact with the stars, they seemed brighter, they seemed kinder, less like burning fuel and more like painted angels. The moon was no longer just a hunk of junk in the middle of the night sky but suddenly a beautiful deity that graced the sky. 

Her bare feet felt soft against the ground of the cool tiles, her house was spotless and she was the mud, half the train of her dress was ratted and ripped from the rocks she just let tear at it; she wasn't herself, she was giddy and far of mind. She trails her way to the upstairs, pushing open the door to her room. 

She had never noticed how sad and lonely it was up there, how blocked off it was, in it's own little tower-like wing of the estate. It was sad, so she shuffled over to one of the windows and drew back the curtains. Letting the floors be kissed by the moon's light, she swiftly pushed open one of the windows, allowing the breeze to chill the room. 

Her feet then dragged her to her closet, all she saw was deep greens and deafening blacks, how could of let herself be so sad and not even realise it? How did she relish in her solitary confinement? The ends of her fingers traced the clothes on the hangers, until she finally picked something. 

The clothes hung off her back as she made her way to the bathroom, closing the door and stripping off the ragged dress and turning the hot water on to the bath, which was situated in the middle of the room. Her reflection was horrid, but she could see the flawed beauty in it, something she had never seen before. The extra layers of fat in some places, the pimple or two (or ten) that traced her forehead but it no longer bothered her. His love made her beautiful. 

The steamy room was filled with smog that fogged up the windows, mirrors and made the tiles dusted with a slim line of mist. Y/N slid her body into the volcanic water, letting it burn her skin in the most desirable way possible. Her H/C hair was dipped into the water completely, the only thing you could see from the outside was her nose, everything else had been submerged into the depths of the bath completely. 

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"Hogwarts is going to be changed." Mrs L/N announced to her two children. "You'll know exactly why in sweet time but it's best to give you a heads up, Alexander, it's time we ask you to unfriend a lot of your... non-Slytherin friends." She smiled in a false manner, her red lips arching upwards. "Stick with Y/N and Regulus, such good friends." Mrs L/N then turned toward Y/N. "I heard from Walburga that he's going to have a new match soon, in a year or two." 

"Oh?" Y/N's interest was suddenly piqued. "Who might his match be?" 

"A Clearwater, I think, I'm not too sure for the time being." M/N stated, one of her hands cradling her face as she nodded to herself. "Walburga said someone like that should be the one to marry him, at least that makes the most sense to everyone else around here."

The fazed state of love was broken, splattered on the ground. The glass had shattered. How on earth did she think she could just like whomever she wanted? Especially in the type of family she's in, that they're in. 

The fantasy was up. 

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐