33 ✧ A Spy and Autumn Cries

1978 October __________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"I love autumn." Regulus told Y/N, they had made up rather quickly, Regulus came scurrying back to Y/N two hours after their argument begging for her to forgive him.

"I know." Y/N laughed. She had told him that she was the one who should have to apologise, she told him that she was worried due to being death eaters, a blatant lie, but one that Regulus found to be a plausible excuse for her bothered state.

"Well it's not fun when you know everything about me." He laughed softly. "But I suppose it's only fair since I know everything about you."

Oh, what was the word to describe what Y/N was feeling? Infatuated and yet distraught? Perhaps guilt was what seeped into her heart and tried to make it turn as cold as it had been two years prior. Whatever it was, it was slowly unhinging her mind, how was she to simply accept that everything was okay? Regulus would look deeply into her eyes, his grey ones fighting with her E/C ones in a desperate way, yet all she could do was try not to feel as though she'd betrayed his trust.

"An eye for an eye." Y/N nodded, masking her anxiousness with a small grin. "As the muggles say."

"You know, I'm very surprised that your parents were okay with us dating... considering you were supposed to be involved with Evan." Regulus mused, he often voices thoughts that weren't congruent with the rest of the conversation, he had a proclivity for simply stating what he pleased as he pleased. "Evan would make a good husband for you."

"What makes you say that?" Y/N raised an eyebrow at him.

"If you were engaged to him you wouldn't have to take the dark mark."

"What do you mean?" Y/N pushed him further.

"Like Cissa, she married Lucius so early on in their adult relationship because it meant that she would be safe from the whole dark mark ordeal." He elaborated. "The Dark Lord approved of them so violà, they got married."

"And why would I want the Dark Lord to approve of us?" Y/N laughed.

"He is a pretentious prick." Regulus chuckled lowly.

"If he approved of us, and allowed us to get married, then he would have stuck me with his pretentious prick before my wedding ceremony." Y/N frowned, Narcissa was so excited for her wedding, she had a glow about her up until she had to walk down the aisle, she seemed sore and tired, even dull. Lord Voldemort bursting into the venue and proclaiming prima nocta to proclaim what he did as right. It all was seared into the back of her head.

"Regardless, it's a matter of fate, we found each other beyond our background, isn't that wonderful?" Regulus smiled softly, since meeting Y/N and truly understanding her, he has felt significantly lighter — like a weight on his chest had been lifted from knowing she would be there to carry it with him, he desperately hoped it would be reciprocated and thank fuck it was. Regulus had never had an overwhelming amount of human interaction (as you've probably gathered), thus making his love for her stronger than he had anticipated.

"You're right." She laced her hands with his and smiled lightly to herself. She fell first but he had fallen just so much harder, she loved him with every inch of her being, but he would know her blind — know her voice even when deaf.

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Y/N sat in the Slytherin common room, crafting the final few paragraphs to her potions rationale, there was no wind as there were no windows, only a shitty little air conditioning unit that blew out a foul odour rather than air half the time. The cards container she had been using as a make-shift ink pot had dried of any ink, just in time for her completed essay. She took the container in her hands and wondered to the prefects bathroom — she felt perfectly fine exerting her power as Head Girl to go out past the preset curfew.

The corridor was lapped in a thick quiet that rung in the air, the only sound that was heard was the sound of Y/N's shoes shuffling against the floor — the sound bounced off the walls and travelled down the hallway faster than Y/N could walk — it was an eerie feeling. She made a left, then a right, quietly tip-toed past Gryffindor's Head boy, walked up some stairs, and there she found the prefects bathroom.

The ink darkened her hands with the grime as it did the porcelain of the sink, it was serene in the prefect's bathroom, quiet. The stained window swelled with mermaids and beautiful colours; everything was asleep, even the windows. Everyone was asleep, all except for Y/N.

"Boo." A quiet voice behind her whispered in her ear, a hand dragged across Y/N's face to muffle her urge to scream. "Sheesh, calm down Y/N." A familiar, feminine voice cackled — Y/N could feel the eye roll in this woman's voice.

"Who are you?"

"You don't even remember your own family friends?" The woman responded, her voice dulled by the faucet and pipes rattling as water sprayed from the tap. "Or just family now, hmm, future cousin-in-law?"

"Bellatrix." Y/N stated, she could feel the now named woman nod against her. "You scared me." Her voice barely heard from the tight grip Bellatrix had on her.

Bellatrix let go of the girl and pushed her towards the sink.

"I'm sorry I scared you, but I needed to talk to someone with sense." Bellatrix groaned. "Rudolph is not adhering to logic."

"Then please, I'm all ears." Y/N laid the box in the sink as she leaned against the cold porcelain.

"I want to kill Sirius Black."

"Oh!" Y/N laughed awkwardly.

"You don't think it's a good idea?"

"No!" Y/N responded loudly. "No it's great." She lowered her tone and cautiously looked around from fear of any prying ears.

"I'm glad you agree." Bellatrix beamed. "I knew you would." 

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Y/N laid in her bed with anxious thoughts spiralling through her body — Bellatrix knew she could count of Y/N because...?

Because Y/N is so good at lying?

Because Y/N is such a good actress?

Maybe because Y/N is just knowledgeable on spells?

Perhaps because Y/N is talented in the art of murder? Although never having commit the crime herself.

Or was Y/N just a bad person deep down? A person who would kill a good one like Sirius?

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐