35 ✧ Watching From the Stands and Hogsmead

1978 November __________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Y/N had declined being the captain of Slytherin house's quidditch team, she was sick of working so hard for a group that never appreciated her. So, she stood in the stands and cheered for Ravenclaw to win over her own house. As the team needed a captain, Regulus happily took that position.

"Yeah!" She cheered loudly, Vanessa next to her. Vanessa was a sweet girl, she hadn't really spoken to her much since last year in Care of Magical Creatures, but whenever she did run into the Ravenclaw she was ecstatic.

"Fuck Slytherin!" The Ravenclaw yelled.

"Fucking ingrates!" Y/N cheered with her.

The entirety of Slytherin house had been glaring at Y/N, she was the first person in Slytherin history to turn down the roll of being Captain, and there she was yelling nonsense directed at the team she once played along side.

"Your house is full of assholes, no offence." Vanessa laughed. "Incluso ese sexy novio tuyo puede ser un idiota." She laughed, giving Regulus a wink as he zoomed past.

"Vanessa!" Y/N laughed loudly. "You're not wrong." She smiled as she proudly checked out her boyfriend. "What happened with you and Rosier?" Y/N asked. "I feel like I haven't spoken to you in so long."

"Rosier never grew a pair, and my boyfriend back in Spain apologised to me over the summer break." She grinned. "Want to see a picture of mi amor?"

"Of course!" Y/N smiled back, Vanessa pulled out a small picture of the hottest man Y/N had ever seen. "Holy shit!" Y/N cursed. "Is that what the average Spanish man looks like?" Vanessa nodded with a smile.

"Italy is pretty good too, but no one is like the Spanish!" She grinned. "He's Castilian, from Salamanca."

"Salamanca?" Y/N quirked an eyebrow upwards. "Closer to Portugal or France?"

"Portugal!" Vanessa cheered loudly. "THAT WAS A FOUL!" She screamed on the top of her lungs. "GIVE THAT SKINNY ASS WHITE BOY A FUCKING FOUL!" She protested.

"Yeah!" Y/N cheered with her. "Give Regulus a foul!" She then turned to face Vanessa once more. "So are you from Salamanca too?"

"No, I was born and raised in Santiago, Chile." She began. "But moved in with my Abeual for school, she lives in Spain so I had to move all the way to Segovia." She then paused, her eyes trained on the Quaffle for just a moment. "Salamanca is two hours away."

"So you went to Salamanca for fun?"

"Yeah!" Vanessa grinned. "They have one of the oldest universities in the world, and in front of some Christian Church this random music professor plays his classical flamenco guitar." She buzzed with joy. "Living in Spain as a Chilean is not always easy though, I have to speak perfect Castilian Spanish or I get bullied." She hummed lightly. "I'm ethnically Spanish and Chilean, yet I don't fit in when I'm in Spain!"

Y/N hummed, taking a hold of Vanessa's hand.

"Thank you beautiful." Vanessa smiled. "But no need to comfort me!" She excitedly yelled. "BECAUSE SLYTHERIN IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN!"

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

"To Slytherin winning!" Regulus yelled loudly with his team, the group cheered as they chugged butter beer. Regulus had taken over as the Slytherin captain, it was naturally an easy yes. "We'll win the next one too!"

"They're so annoying." Vanessa whined. "If only they lost."

"I know, Regulus probably won't shut up about it," Y/N laughed lightly. "I'll hear him go on about it for weeks, the fucking git is always thick with pride."

Vanessa threw back her head and laughed, her eyes closed lightly — perhaps Vanessa's company was precisely what she needed. Vanessa understood the meaning to be an outsider, Y/N needed that similarity from another person more than anything. Sirius was also akin to her in that aspect, but he was never truly an outsider in all parts of his life. Sirius was estranged from his family, yet he had a real family made from his mismatched crew of friends he had procured at Hogwarts. Y/N didn't make friends until Regulus. Even then, his belief system was not always aligned with Y/Ns — he fit in with a crowd at school and with his family. So Vanessa was like a breath of fresh air.

"If neither of us are married at the age of 40, let's move in together and get two cats!" Vanessa declared, a grin pulling at her sun kissed cheeks. "We can buy properties together so that we can very strategically make more money!"

"Agreed!" Y/N grinned, believing this was just a cute little pact that would hold no weight — she was going to live with Regulus of course. They were either going to die together, or live happily at the age of 80, right? That was the way things were supposed to be, doing everything together, because all you need is love. They were obviously going to get married... surely this pact wouldn't actually have any real motion.

"Spectacular!" Vanessa chuckled, she thought of her boyfriend back in Salamanca, they had been talking about marriage for a little while now, and she also believed that this had to happen — nothing could go wrong.

Yet where there are good things that vibrantly grow thickly, are the consequences of life — death — are merely sneaking around  in a dark shadowy corner.

Regulus looked to his left and moved towards Y/N, "hey love!" He happily grinned, being extra excited.

"Hi." She coyly responded. "Good game."

"Good game?" Vanessa barked with laughter. "Más bien, buen trabajo haciendo trampa!" This earned her a slight nudge to the shoulder.

"I'll see you later tonight, okay?" He bent down and kissed her lips gently, before running off with the rest of the Slytherin team.

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐