Tryouts

"Live up to or be better than your mom, Harper," Annie yelled.

Younger Mary snorted, "Yeah, Harper. You're not even close to the level where your mom was at your age."

"I'm myself. I don't have to be like my mom," I stated.

"Really, everyone else thinks the same thing. If you disappoint them, you will ruin your mom's reputation," Mary insisted with her bright, green, snake eyes.

"Really? Is that what everyone thinks?" I questioned.

"Yes!" Mary stated while walking away with her short black hair whipping around her head.

NO! Don't see it, Harper! The music starts, I take my left foot and kick in the front, then duck my upper body around with my left foot in the air. I land. I bring my arms and head down close to my butt into a layback spin with speed. I come back up slowly turning out of it and then next I drop my upper body with my left leg still up in the air. I grab my right ankle with my right hand. My left hand is gliding on the ice. I'm going backward, so I can't see in the direction I'm moving.

I bring my foot around to get the momentum then I grab my foot with both of my hands and I spin. I go up a tiny bit and then jump and switch the leg. I grab the opposite foot with my hands and I spin, I get out of it by standing up slowly.

I bend over and kick my feet up high one after the other. I spin around once for my butterfly.

I jump while crossing my feet still in the air rotating, I count in my head. One, two, three, four! What! I did four! How? I land while throwing my leg behind me. Then I bring my arms and head down close to my butt into a layback spin with speed while spinning I grab my left leg with my left hand. While my right hand is straight up. My blade is right next to the middle of my head, known as the layback to haircutter.

I turn around to skate backward then I jump with my feet crossed and my arms pulled in tight. I count the rotations. One, two, three. Okay, I dig my toe pick and jump in the air and count, one, two, and three. Yes! I land with my foot in front and move into the back. Then I grab my right foot and lift it into a Y-spiral.

I dig my toe pick and jump in the air and count, one and two. I land with my foot in front and move into the back. I take my left foot and kick in the front, then duck my upper body around with my left foot in the air. I bring my foot down to go into my spreading eagle. I open my legs and shoulders wide and I glide facing out and then I turn to face inward.

Then I bring my arms and head down close to my butt into a layback spin with speed while spinning I grab my left leg with my left hand. While my right hand is straight up. My blade is right next to the middle of my head, I continue to raise my leg all the way up when it was still bent above my head my left hand grabbed my left leg with my right hand. I raised it completely straight. I feel amazing and great but now I have to stand in front of the judges to wait for my score from judges. The judges give out their scores, ten, nine-point seven, and nine-point eight. I'm so excited I did triple lutz. Then I skated off stage. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Grace bursts, "Where did that quad come from?!"

"I don't know. I'm still in shock," I respond.

"Well, you've got to be in now," she adds.

Put my guards on and my jacket on. I go back to my family and Nathan; watch the rest of the ice skaters. I take off my jacket and blade guards. I still can't believe I made a quad jump happen! We go line up on the ice to see who moves forward for a recap. Mrs. Lily, the principal announces,