Mom

I wake up screaming,

"Mom!"

I had a nightmare when my mom died.  That stupid avalanche brought all the emotions I had buried deep inside me. And now they are all back. I'll choose later. Of course, they come back eight days before the competition. She died in a car accident; I was eight years old. I remember everything like it was yesterday. It was the most traumatic thing ever. Today is the reunion of my mom's death on January twenty-eighth.

It was on January twenty-eighth, two-thousand-fifty-one, Lyllie and I was in the car with my mom, Chloe Anne. We were heading home from grandma's; we were on an icy and slippery highway. My mom and I were talking about the fourth-grade ice skating national championships coming up.

My mom was a former Olympic medalist when she was twenty. She married my dad at twenty-three and she had me at twenty-six. I always loved my mom's stories about her performances and her perfect scores.

I was qualified for the championships, so we were talking about what music I should do. All out of a sudden my mom told me,

"Unbuckle and grab your sister and get under the seats!"

I unbuckled, and I undid my sister's buckles. I pick my sister up and I go duck under the seats with my sister in my arms. And suddenly! The car rolled over. Lyllie and I were under the seat and we didn't move. I don't know how my mom noticed that she was going to go off the road. She also noticed that if Lyllie and I would have been in our seats, a tree branch would have killed us! She saved our lives over hers.

"Mom!" I screamed.

Then I looked out the window, and it was Annie Lee. She drove my mother off the road; she was the Olympic that got silver, my mom got gold, and she was jealous. Also, her daughter Mary Lee was was in the same skating competition with me and I always got gold and she got silver or bronze

I took my mom's phone and dialed nine-one-one. I could barely speak, I put Lyllie back in her car seat, my sister didn't know what was going on, but I understood I wish I didn't. I could barely speak to the first responder on the phone. They sent an ambulance, but my mom had passed by the time they got there.

I couldn't speak for days. Lyllie remembers nothing.

Annie was never got caught for the first-degree murder because they thought it was an accident, I couldn't speak and but when I did they didn't believe me because I was eight.

My dad adopted Heidi and Luciana because it was how my dad dealt with my mom's death.

I get out of bed around seven o'clock. We don't have to go to school on the day my mom passed.

We usually watch Olympics films with mom and we go to Chloe Park because my mom grew up here and after my mom won the Olympics, they created and named the park after her.

The park is near a mountainside. That's how they have a real mountainside. There are slopes of all sizes, mountain climbing walls, and an ice skating rink. Usually, Heidi and I go to the rink, and Dad and my sisters go to the slopes to ski.

I walk into the study room and I look at the photo albums because I want to look at the days when we got Heidi and Luciana.

Heidi is a pure German, and she came to the U.S.A from Germany. Heidi was three when she got adopted. After all, we took away her from her family when she was two because her parents were abusive and alcoholic. They forgot to feed her and when they went away; they didn't ask anyone to watch her. Her neighbors watched her for a year and reported what they did to her all the time.