Wipeout

I get out of the car and Nathan is waving to me in his whole snowboarding gear. I walk up to him and he exclaims,

"Hey, you ready to watch me spread some major powder?"

I punch his arm and shout,

"Really! You're talking like a snowboarder."

"What! Am I not a snowboarder," he laughs.

"You are. but you don't talk like that," I punch him again.

"Come on. I was joking with you. I don't like people that brag," he states.

We walk over to the pipe and I ask,

"What moves are you going to do?"

"For the halfpipe round one, I'm going to do backside switch, indie, and triple cab. For the halfpipe round two, I'm going to do backside triple cork, frontsideMcTwist, and cab quadruple cork-,"

I chime shouting in,

"Are you crazy!"

"What? I've been landing them. I'll be fine," Nathan claims.

"Okay, you better not get hurt. You know that only one person has ever landed it," I state.

"Well, you're going to see it today," Nathan states.

"Okay. Are we going to snowboard together after your training?" I question.

"Yeah, I was planning on it," he answers.

"Okay, it's time for me to train. Do you want to go stand by Cody and watch me shred some powder," he laughs.

Nathan really likes to joke around with me. Nathan is being crazy about trying to do the cab quadruple cork, he's going to hurt himself. I know that he wants to beat all the big schools but if he lands it wrong he'll be out for months or even a year. Cody yells,

"Okay, Backside switch!"

He lands it.

"Indie! Keep your knees tucked!" Cody yells.

Yes! He landed it.

"Okay, the triple cab! Keep your knees tucked!" Cody yells.

"Nice air!" Cody adds as he lands it.

He finishes it with shredding snow in front where his board is stopping.

"Nice job Nathan! I don't think we have to worry about this run. Let's go work on the second run halfpipe," Cody claims.

"Thanks, okay coach," Nathan states.

"Hey, how many times has he landed the cab quadruple cork?" I ask.

"Umm, he has landed it like four times," Cody answers.

Cody yells,

"Okay backside triple cork! Get your grasp on that board every time!"

Wow! He would get a ten-point o if he was being scored right now.

"FrontsideMcTwist! Keep your knees tucked!" Cody yells.

Oh no! Here comes the cab quadruple cork! I hope he doesn't hurt himself. Cody is counting,

"One!"

"Two!"

"Three!"

"Four!"

I turn away and I could hear him hit the snow, I turn around and he is laying on the ground, but  he yells,