17: hello vacation

[MONDAY]

Taehyun yawned as he walked into the train station. It was a couple minutes after 5:00 AM, and the sky outside the windows was a cloudy grey. Why the hell do we have to get on the first train available? he whined in his head. Today was the first day of the group vacation to Sungchan's beach house. Sitting in the station's waiting seats were some familiar faces. Hyejoo, Chaewon, Jihan, Yeonjun, and Y/N, he observed everyone who was there. Sungchan was also there, but of course, Taehyun didn't notice him.

"Hey guys," Taehyun approached the group, sighing as he set down his luggage. Hey guys...? What type of greeting is that?? This is so embarrassing. Why did I say anything in the first place? What am I doing here? I don't think I can spend more than 24 hours with these people. I need to go-
"Hey Redhead!" Y/N smiled and sat up from her seat. Suddenly, it was like Taehyun's socially anxious thoughts dissolved.
"You excited?" she asked playfully as she pointed finger guns at him.
"I don't have enough energy in my body to be...excited," he yawned mid sentence. He noticed Yeonjun sitting and smiling at him.
"I'm just shocked that you got here before me, loser," Taehyun put his finger on Yeonjun's forehead.
"Hey! Who you calling a loser?" Yeonjun laughed and shook Taehyun's finger off his forehead. Before he could speak again, Taehyun heard two voices behind him. More specifically, two voices rapping.
"Wake up! It's the first of the month~!" one voice sang.
"I brush my teeth and count up~!" the second voice joined in. Playboi Carti? Taehyun recognized the song first.
"I let my bitch roll my blunt~!" the first voice said. I'd know those voices anywhere, Taehyun sighed.
"I'm bout' to dirty my cup~!" the second voice said. Taehyun turned around. As he expected, it was Harry June and Sungmin approaching the group, bouncing and rapping the way there.
"Pour up some lean and get stuck~!" Sungmin smirked at Harry.
"I make her scream when we f--" Harry June's verse was cut off.
"There you guys are! Took forever in that damn bathroom," Hyejoo nagged from her seat. So that's where they came from.
"Not my fault Harry has IBS," Sungmin hit Harry's chest. His smile faded as soon as Hyejoo spoke. Irritable Bowel Syndrome? Taehyun raised a surprised eyebrow.
"Hey!" Harry June elbowed Sungmin and scowled. Sungmin giggled.
"Oh, what's up Vice-Prez!" Sungmin said as he noticed Taehyun standing there. Taehyun sighed.
"Hey," Taehyun raised his hand to greet them.

"Hey, you two, no breaking up while we're on this trip, you got it?" Sungmin said to Hyejoo and Chaewon, who were cuddling, as he sat down in his seat.
"I don't wanna have to deal with two grumpy lesbians while I'm at the beach," he stretched his arms out and then placed them on the back of his head.
"Be careful what you wish for, 'cause we get extra lovey-dovey on trips," Chaewon replied.
"Yeah, shut up, pea-brain," Hyejoo rolled her eyes at him. Just before he could say something snarky and borderline homophobic back, Jihan spoke.
"I think the council's here!" Jihan turned around in her seat to look at the station entrance. Taehyun turned to look. She was right. From a far, he could see three short girls and one tall boy, carrying lots of luggage.
"'Bout time, the train's gonna be here in like thirty minutes," Yeonjun said.
"Look at Kim Minji bro!" Harry June nudged Sungmin aggressively.
"She's so fine—oh my gahhhh~" Sungmin looked back at her, then melted in his seat. It is five in the morning—get help, Taehyun grimaced at the pair.

"Hey-yo," Ryujin said as she set her bags down.
"Heyyyyy!" Y/N greeted her. Jisung slowly walked off like an anti-social crab to go sit with Sungchan.
"It's pretty cold out there," NingNing shivered as she sat down.
"You guys all come together?" Y/N asked.
"Yeah, we just thought it'd be easier if we all slept at my house so my dad could take all of us in the morning," Ryujin explained. Suddenly, two voices could be heard conversing near the entrance. Taehyun peaked over.
"Are you sure, sir?" a voice asked.
"I'm going to be fine, seriously," the other voiced responded. It was Huang Renjun, talking to some man in a black suit by the entrance. In fact, it wasn't just one man in a black suit, Renjun was surrounded by men in black suits, some even carrying his luggage for him. What's this?! Taehyun raised a confused brow.
"I don't want to find any of you trying to patrol me secretly," he said to the men.
"I don't care if something happens here, I don't care if my father orders you, do not follow this train," Renjun ordered them. The entire group was silent, all staring at Renjun and the mysterious men in black.
"But sir-," the man was cut off.
"Am I clear?" Renjun's tone was stern like Ryujin's. What the hell is going on?!
"Y-Yes sir," the man nodded.
"I can take my stuff from here, I want you guys gone," he told them. The men handed him his bags. As he turned, he noticed all of the students were staring at him. Immediately, everyone jerked their heads away, looking in every direction except for Renjun's. Harry June even began whistling like an idiot in a comedy. Renjun sighed and turned back to the men.
"Thank you all, seriously, get back safely please," he told them. They all nodded to him, just barely letting smiles show.
"That's an order," he told them before continuing on.