Questions (Mirabel)

{PLATONIC}
{NOT A REQUEST}
Keys:
(Y/n) = your name
(H/c) = hair colour
(E/c) = eye colour
Pronouns used: she/her

"(Y/n), are you here?" Mirabel asked as she walked into her older cousins room. She carefully walked across the stepping stones that led to her cousins bed, being careful not to get wet in the process. "Oh hello Mirabel, what's up?" (y/n) asked as she walked across the water towards the girl.

(Y/n) was two years older then Mirabel. also being Bruno's daughter. When her father disappeared Mirabel and her grew quite close, and she was the only one that really understood Mirabel, her also being a sort of outcast because of her father. She even let Mirabel stay in her room some nights.

"You know, some times I feel like being able to control water would be super useful to the town" Mirabel sighed, causing (y/n) to chuckle. "Yeah well when the whole town blames your father for his visions you kinda get the short end of the stick" she laughed. "Yeah, I get that. Can I ask you a few questions?" Mirabel awkwardly asked. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow at her cousins strange behavior but agreed none the less.

"Here, sit down, make yourself comfortable" (y/n) said as she seperated a giant waterfall to reveal her bed. Mirabel sat down beside (y/n) slowly, clutching her bag like her life depended on it. Noticing how tense her cousin was, (y/n) grabbed her hand, her (e/c) eyes staring into the younger Madrigal's brown ones. "Is something bothering you, Mirabel?" she asked. "Well- I-" taking a deep breath in and then letting it out Mirabel calmed her nerves. "I need to know about tío Bruno, do you know what his last vision means?" she asked.

(Y/n)'s eyes we're widened as she started shocked at her cousin, trying to process what she just said. No one had brought up her father in years, so this was knew to her. "Why do you- *gasp*" (y/n) cut herself off by seeing the green glass illuminating from Mirabel's bag. "Mirabel is that-" "no! No it's.....not?" Mirabel yelled as she pulled her bag away.

(Y/n) raised her hand and used the water around her bed to snatch the bag away and take a look. "Where did you get this?" she asked as she pulled out a piece of the vision. Mirabel looked away from her cousin in shame. "Mirabel Madrigal where on gods greed earth did you get this vision?!" (y/n) yelled. "I went into Bruno's tower and found it! I'm sorry I know it's off limits but I need to know what's going on so I can save the magic!" Mirabel yelled back.

(Y/n) didn't respond so Mirabel continued. "Please (y/n), if you know anything then please help me. For the sake of our family please!" Mirabel begged.

Letting out a gentle, saddened sigh (y/n) created a table out of water and started putting together the vision while quietly singing.

"We need to talk about Bruno no no no"
"Why don't we talk about Bruno"
"Ten years ago"
"You left an it was the darkest day in my eyes"
"You told me you knew"
"About the whole truth"
"And that you'd always be here with me close"
"Now all alone I now know why you left"
"All I have ask, if I am enough in your eyes...?"
"We need to talk about Bruno no no no"
"Why can't they talk about Bruno?"

Suddenly engulfed in a hug (y/n) looked down to see Mirabel hugging her with tears in her brown eyes. "Mirabel are you okay..?" she asked slowly. "You've been here all alone without knowing why he left, no wonder you're always in your room" she cried. Letting out a few tears (y/n) hugged Mirabel back. "Thank you, I needed this" she said.

Breaking the hug Mirabel looked at her cousin with determined eyes. "So can you tell me about the vision?" she asked. Looking back at the glowing peices of glass (y/n) huffed. "He said something about how the vision didn't make sense" she said. "What?" Mirabel asked confused. "I don't exactly know what he ment about that but apparently something was going to happen, and you were going to save us" the (h/c) haired female said, looking back at her cousin and gripping her hands tightly. "I'm sorry Mirabel but that's all I know" she said. "No! No! Thank you so much (y/n)! You've been the biggest help out of everyone!" Mirabel exclaimed as she stood up from her sitting position, grabbing the vision and stuffing it back into her bag as fast as possible and racing out of the room as quick as she could.

"Mirabel! Please if you find out something about my father please let me know!" (y/n) yelled at Mirabel's fading form. "Got it! Thank you (y/n)!" Mirabel yelled back as she ran out of the room, the door making a loud SLAM as it closed.

Letting out another sigh (y/n) plopped down onto her bed, staring at her sceling with furrowed eyebrows. A small rat appeared from beside her, most likely following Mirabel inside the room.
(Y/n) smiled as she grabbed the rat carefully. "Take this to papá okay?" she asked as she handed the rat a piece of paper. The paper had written on it about how Mirabel found the vision and was wondering about Bruno. The rat took the paper and nodded, running out of the room through a small hole in the door the (e/c) eyed girl had purposely created.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Hope you liked this oneshot cause I really liked writing it! I tried my hardest to write the song to the tune of 'We Don't Talk About Bruno' but writing songs isnt really my strong suit.