Ghostly Friend (Mirabel)

{PLATONIC}
{NOT A REQUEST}
(imagine that Dolores has a soundproof room for this chapter)
Pronouns used: they/them

Young Mirabel sobbed as she sat on her bed. It was around 1am in the morning, and the poor child couldn't sleep. The fact that she didn't get a gift haunted her, terrible thoughts filling her mind. 'Am I a failure?' 'am I not special?' 'does Casita hate me? Does abuela and the others hate me?' these thoughts wouldn't leave her alone.

She let out a quiet wimper as she tried to rub the tears out of her eyes, though that only made more fall. Suddenly a pair of cold arms were wrapped around Mirabel. They pulled her into a comforting hug as the person started to hum a simple song. "Shh shh child don't cry" they said softly. Their voice was soothing, it sounded like it had honey and sugar laced in it. Mirabel looked up to see a person she didn't recognize.

They had translucent skin and dark (e/c) eyes. Their hair was (h/l) and (h/c), that fit their face shape well. They were wearing a long black dress with long sleeves, the shoulders being cut out. Their was a black belt on their waist with multiple keys that open god knows what.

They looked down at Mirabel's confused face and smiled. Their eyes held kindness and nothing else. "W-who are you?" Mirabel asked confused. "My name is (y/n), now why are you crying my dear?" they asked. For some reason, Mirabel felt as if she could trust them. "I didn't get a gift. My whole family has one except for me and I don't even know why" she whispered, just loud enough for (y/n) to hear. (Y/n) smiled as their eyebrows furrowed. They cupped Mirabel's cheek and moved a piece of hair out of her face. "My dear child, you did get a gift" they said.

Mirabel looked up at them shocked. "B-but my door disappeared!" she said back. "Casita didn't want your family to know, or it would have been....well dangerous" at that, Casita moved and said that they were right.

"Then what's my gift?" Mirabel timidly asked.
(Y/n) grabbed one of the young 5-year-olds hand as rubbed it gently.

"I am your gift, my dear" they said. Mirabel looked at them confused, tilting her head at the taller adult. "What do you mean?" she asked again. "You see Mirabel, I am a ghost. No one else can see or hear me except for you. That is your gift" they said.

Mirabel looked over to the Casita which responded with a 'yep their right!' action of sorts. Mirabel looked back at them with wide eyes. She suddenly stood up on her bed and jumped up and down. "REALLY?!" she yelled excitedly. She was practically beaming, the smile on her face going from one ear to the other.

(Y/n) giggled and shushed the child. "Yes hun, that's correct. But please be quiet, we don't want your family finding out alright?" they said, placing a finger on Mirabel's mouth to shush her. Mirabel nodded and hugged the somewhat translucent figure tightly. (Y/n) hugged back, a smile on their face.

'She's just like Victoria' they thought sadly. After a moment they noticed that Mirabel's breathing evened out, and that she was asleep. They tucked her into bed and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight my child, I will see you in the morning" they whispered to the sleeping Mirabel.
_________________________________________

The whole time I was writing this all I could think about was like an 1800s (y/n) with Mirabel when she's looking for Bruno's vision and just giving her a HUGE ass lecture for being so reckless lmao. Should I actually make a chapter based off of that? Anyway I hope you enjoyed!

ALSO I'M OPENING UP MY REQUESTS AGAIN! I know it feels like I just closed them (to me at least) BUT I've gotten control of the requests I already have agreed to do lol. The other like 16 chapters are all random ones that I'm writing or are finished and I'm gonna publish soon. I'm also gonna open up one shot requests for Pepa and Julieta. You can request platonic OR romantic for them! :]