december 24

song of the day: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

It was finally the day for the secret santa exchange. James was so excited, but Sirius was definitely more excited. He was jumping up and down around the beds in a penguin onesie, making sure the waking up boys noticed red and black plaid packages on the end of his bed.

James, Remus, and Peter got up, yawning and rubbing their eyes. James climbed to the end of his bed to grab the package. He ripped it open and found a green chameleon onesie, made in the same style as Sirius's. Remus's was also a penguin, and Peter's was a rabbit.

All three of them changed into their new attire, and vowed to wear them the whole day.

After many hours of waiting, impatiently, it was time for the exchange. The four boys marched down to the common room with their gifts in hand.

The eight Gryffindor seventh years cast in a circle, ready to exchange. McGonagall passed by quickly to tell them they can begin.

"I'll go first! I'll go first!" Sirius volunteered, jumping up. He placed the bag in front of Marlene's crossed legs. "Happy Christmas, Marlene!" He went back to his spot between Remus and James.

Marlene got up and passed her bag to Peter. Peter got Lily.

Lily got up, and put a box in front of James. James looked up at her, smiled, and said, "Thank you."

He gave his bag to Remus, Remus to Mary, Mary to Dorcas, and Dorcas to Sirius.

They all opened their gifts in unison. James watched Remus open his, a huge smile breaking onto his face. "Thank you so much, James, I love all of this!" They got up and hugged each other.

Then James opened his gift, from Lily. It was a book called, 'Everything You Need to Know About Quidditch', a ton of sweets, and a hand crocheted bucket hat that looked like a strawberry. "This is amazing, thank you so much Lily! I couldn't thank you enough!" He got up and hugged her without thinking. They both pulled away after a second, awkwardly, blushing and smiling bashfully. Maybe this meant she was planning on choosing James after all?