My Biology Teacher is a Murderer! 14.4

Third Person POV

While Harvey sat on the phone to Scottie's mother, trying to find any information on her phobia of pools, Jim and Essen stood outside the latter's office, discussing what they knew so far.

"According to other members of the group, our abductor's been coming the last month. Said his name was Tod, but group protocol requires they remain anonymous," Jim explained. "So no real ID."

"And the guy with the pigs?" Essen asked, referring to the abductor's accomplice.

"Prints came back. Career criminal. Probably just the muscle. The other guy was in charge," Jim said.

"He knew there was a cop at the meeting and he still took her. That's cold or crazy," Essen commented.

"Either way, he's almost sure to follow the same MO. He'll confront Ms Mullens with her greatest fear," Jim said.

"Which is drowning," Essen remembered.

"Specifically in a pool," Jim specified.

"There are hundreds of pools in Gotham. How are we supposed to—"

"That was her mother," Harvey cut Essen off as he came rushing over. "When she was seven, Scottie almost drowned in Lemmars Park pool uptown."

"Lemmars Park pool?" Jim repeated, that name sounding strangely familiar.

"Yeah. It's a start, I guess," Essen said.

"That's where he took her. I can feel it," Harvey countered.

Jim went to grab his things off his desk before his eyes landed on his phone, widening when he remembered where he knew that name.

"Harvey," Jim said, grabbing the older cop's attention.

"Yeah?" Harvey responded, grabbing his gun from his desk.

"Lemmars Park pool is where Holly is right now," Jim told him.

A sick feeling rising in his stomach, Harvey pocketed his gun and headed out to the car, Jim rushing right after him. Attempting to send Holly a message of warning, Harvey cursed as his phone died right in his hand.

"Take mine," Jim offered as he clambered into the driving seat and started the engine. "Warn her quickly. She might not see it yet but when her training's done she'll see it."

But both detectives couldn't help but fear that by the time Holly saw the message, it might just be too late.

Holly POV

The rest of our training session went pretty smoothly and sooner than I would've liked, it was over. So while the rest of the team were picked up by their parents and Coach had to rush off to get her own daughter from hockey practice, I was sat on the step outside, looking up at the stars that had started to form in the sky. Coach had offered to stay but I had assured her that dad wouldn't be long and I was perfectly safe.

Boredom started to settle in so I pulled out my phone and earphones and started to scroll through my music when I suddenly got a message in full capitals from dad. Dad didn't text in full capitals.

Intrigued as to the sudden change, I clicked on it and read what it said.

"HOLLY GET OUT OF THAT BUILDING NOW. WE'LL EXPLAIN LATER JUST TRUST ME AND GET AWAY FROM THAT POOL. HIDE AND WE WILL COME AND FIND YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN."

Unease settled in my stomach as I glanced back at the building dad was warning me against. By 'we' I presumed he meant Harvey. I mean, dad didn't really have any other friends.