Chapter 3

Coran had been traveling for a few hours along his normal route. But as he was about to make a 'left turn, a tree was struck by lightning and blocked the path. But it did open up a new one. Coran tried to direct Blue to the new path, and after some hesitation, she gave in and started heading that direction. As they traveled down this new and unfamiliar path, they entered an area where it was snowing. "This is fine Blue. It's only snow," he paused. "in the middle of July." He was slightly concerned, and then he heard a howl. Blue and Coran both froze.

When the eyes of a few of the pack members could be seen in the distance through the trees, Blue bucked Coran and ran off. The wolfs chased Blue as she ran away. Coran got up and looked around. Then the wolf pack came back, and he ran. As he ran he came to a castle. He opened the gates and closed the gates. The wolves stopped their chase. Coran sighed in relief. He saw the castle behind him and started walking towards it.

It was dark and gloomy, and the snow didn't help with the ominous and unwelcome feeling. He opened the large door. "Hello." He called. There was no response. "I need some help. My horse ran off, and I need some place to stay until the storm passes." Dead silence. But there was some muttering that Coran couldn't totally hear. The clock and the candlestick. "Hunk, don't say one word." The clock muttered to her comrade. "Oh Pidge, have a heart."

"Who said that?" Coran said and picked up the candlestick. "Me." The candlestick said from Coran's hand. Coran turned around figuring that there was a person behind him. Then the candlestick tapped the man's hand. "Hello." He said when he was brought up to the mans face. Hunk was dropped to the ground. "Your alive. And you can talk?" Coran asked the candlestick as he kneeled down. "Oh now you've done it Hunk." Pidge said hoping down from the table. "How is this possible?" Coran said picking up the clock. He played with the the clocks pendulum. "Hey, cut that out." Pidge said and closed her door. Just then, Coran sneezed. "Oh, you must be chilled to the bone monsieur. Come come, warm yourself by the fire." Hunk said leading him into another room.

Pidge began to panic knowing what consequences Hunk's actions could have. "No, no, no. Do you know what the master will say if he finds out about this?" She said following along. Hunk sat Coran down in the masters chair. "Quiznak Hunk, not the masters chair. This is bad." She said. Then Allura and Romelle came rolling in on a cart. "Would you like some tea?" Allura asked pouring some into Romelle. "Why thank you." Coran said picking up Romelle. She giggled while Coran took a sip. "His mustache tickles."

"Why hello there." He said. "I'm telling you Hunk, this is a horrible, foolish, idiotic," before Pidge could finish her list of words to describe the situation, the door was blasted open. All of the objects trembled in fear. When Coran saw the fear in their eyes, he trembled in fear as well. Pidge hid under the rug. Hunk stood his ground shaking, Romelle hopped away, and Allura stayed with Hunk. Coran could hear a low growl from behind him. "What is going on here?" A low and angry voice could be heard. "Well you see master, a stranger came, and he was cold, so I offered that he could come and warm himself by the fire and," he was cut off by a blood curdling roar. The beast came out from behind Coran, he could only fully see its glowing yellow eyes. "What are you staring at?" He asked clearly angry. "Please, I meant no harm, I only needed shelter from the blizzard." The creature laughed humorously. "You shouldn't have trespassed here. I'll give you a place to stay." The creature said and dragged the man away. "No please." He cried. But it was useless, and the objects could do nothing.