Chapter 10

Lance was walking up the West Wing hallway. Everything had claw marks, bite marks, and was broken. He saw a ripped portrait of someone that looked strangely familiar. But what really drew him in about the painting was the striking grey-violet eyes. He was trying to place the canvas back up when something flashed pink in the corner of his eye. He turned and saw a floating glowing rose in a casing. He went to the table that it sat on. When he went to touch it the beast came out from behind him.

"What did you do to it?" He asked Lance angeryly. "Nothing. I was just." The beast interrupted him. "You could have doomed us all. I told you to never come here. Get out. Get out." The roar that came after scared Lance and he ran. The beast now ashamed of his actions shrunk and sighed.

Lance ran for the door. He didn't care what he had promised. He didn't want to stay any longer. "Wait. Where are you going." He heard Allura behind him. "I don't care what I promised. I can't stay another minute." He said and opened the door. The snow blew in. He ran out. "Wait, its to dangerous. There are wolves." Hunk screamed but Lance could no longer hear them.

Lance found Blue and they were now riding through the forest but then heard howls. Blood curdling howls. The pack was now after him and Blue. Blue got trapped in a branch. Lance grabbed a big stick and started beating any of the wolves that got too close. But the alpha grabbed the stick away from him. They pulled Lance onto the ground and one of the wolves was almost on top of him when something swatted it away. Lance looked up and saw it was the beast.

The beast was fighting off all of the wolves. They kept biting and scratching him. Some were deeper than others. Some made him scream. A sound that Lance never wanted to hear again. Eventually he took the alpha out and all of the wolves ran off with the tails between their legs in fear. The beast looked at Lance and then collapsed into the snow. Lance got up and almost got back on Blue to run away. But he couldn't just leave the beast. So he got the beast onto Blue with much effort and guided them back to the castle.

In the castle the beast was sitting in his chair licking his wounds. Lance poured some boiling water from Allura into a bowl and was ringing out a rag. "Don't do that. It will infect the wounds." Lance said. The beast scowled. "No stay still." Lance said trying to place the rag on a scratch on the beast's arm. The beast kept moving it away. Then the rag finally made contact. The beast screamed but not as loud as when the wound was inflicted. The objects hid at the sound, "That hurts." He said. "If you held still, it wouldn't have hurt as much." Lance retorted. "Well if you hadn't run away, this wouldn't have happened." The beast said. "Well if you hadn't scared me, I wouldn't have run away." The beast paused trying to think of a good response. "Well you shouldn't have been in the West Wing."

"And you should learn to control your temper." This made the beast scowl. Lance continued his work to clean the wound, and when he didn't scream, the three objects came out from their hiding places. "What's your name?" Lance asked. The beast didn't expect this. "Keith." He replied. "Thank you, Keith, for saving me." Lance said. "Your welcome Lance." Keith replied. The objects smiled at the moment.