Chapter 13

As the days went on, Lance totally forgot about what Romelle was about to say. He started spending more and more time with Keith. One day they were outside, and Lance was feeding the birds. Keith asked if he could try and Lance helped him. He placed some bird seed in his paws. Keith curled them and Lance unfolded them. He created a trail of birdseed towards Keith's paws. A bird followed the trail and got into Keith's hands. He smiled and Lance loved that wonderful smile. He got up and sat by a tree, watching. "What is this feeling?" He thought. When he saw Keith with a bunch of birds on him he couldn't help but laugh.

"He touched me. He didn't shy away from my paw. And he has never looked at me that way before. Why is he looking at me like that?" Keith thought that. He was watching the birds in his paws when a snowball hit his face and sent him falling backwards. Then Lance's raucous laughter could be heard. Keith got up and sent a large snowball hurtling towards him and it hit its target, making Lance fall and stop. Then both boys couldn't stop laughing.

The objects were watching from above. "Could it be?" Allura asked. "There may be something there." Hunk said. "Something that wasn't there before." Pidge said. They all smiled. Romelle didn't understand and was greatly frustrated at this. "Allura, what is there?" She asked. "You'll understand when you are older." Allura told her. Romelle didn't like this answer. She continued to watch the boys playing together trying to figure it out.